Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just to clarify a point

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Withdean Wanderer said:
Just out of interest, if a Moderator (or anyone else) was to say the same thing on here, would the club write to them and complain about it?!

Why should the phone in be any different? It's not run by the club is it?

It isn't but they could complain that a BBC employee was inciting a pitch invasion

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Having heard the show again this morning I reiterate that my comments were tongue in cheek and should not, like a lot of my show, be taken seriously.
It actually would have been nice of the club to have phoned up and said "Harty that bloke Percy you had on your show who has been supporting the club for 77 seasons and turned 21 on the day he landed on Omaha Beach, Normandy in 1944, as an Albion stalwart and a war veteran we'd like to invite him as the chairman's guest to the Tranmere game next week."
But it was not to be..........
And it highlights something which the accloytes will probably 'flame' me for on here that as good at his job as Martin Perry is he has no real passion for the Albion.
Like I said he has a job, ultimately to deliver Falmer, which I belive he will, but if he were to leave the club for any reason I doubt he would continue to support the club, unlike Richard Hebberd, who is the Albion safety officer, and like Martin does a great job, but he bleeds Albion and has done for nearly half a century.
I am inviting Richard on the show next week just to clarify, once again, my comments, and please girls and boys DON'T RUN ON THE PITCH WHATEVER HAPPENS........:lolol:

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Adriodinho said:

But they two were also taken aback by me knowing so many people in H.;)
You only know them because they've all told you to "Shut the f*** up" at one time or another.:lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

steve-c

just to clarify, once again, my commnets, and please girls and boys DON'T RUN ON THE PITCH WHATEVER HAPPENS........

evenif we get a big club at the withdean in the 3rd round of the fa cup (when we get there) and jakey scores another hatrick

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: ok mr perry we will stay in the seats and politley clap :lolol: :lolol:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
steve-c said:
just to clarify, once again, my commnets, and please girls and boys DON'T RUN ON THE PITCH WHATEVER HAPPENS........

evenif we get a big club at the withdean in the 3rd round of the fa cup (when we get there) and jakey scores another hatrick

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: ok mr perry we will stay in the seats and politley clap :lolol: :lolol:
do we win?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Harty said:
Having heard the show again this morning I reiterate that my comments were tongue in cheek and should not, like a lot of my show, be taken seriously.
It actually would have been nice of the club to have phoned up and said "Harty that bloke Percy you had on your show who has been supporting the club for 77 seasons and turned 21 on the day he landed on Omaha Beach, Normandy in 1944, as an Albion stalwart and a war veteran we'd like to invite him as the chairman's guest to the Tranmere game next week."
But it was not to be..........
And it highlights something which the accloytes will probably 'flame' me for on here that as good at his job as Martin Perry is he has no real passion for the Albion.
Like I said he has a job, ultimately to deliver Falmer, which I belive he will, but if he were to leave the club for any reason I doubt he would continue to support the club, unlike Richard Hebberd, who is the Albion safety officer, and like Martin does a great job, but he bleeds Albion and has done for nearly half a century.
I am inviting Richard on the show next week just to clarify, once again, my commnets, and please girls and boys DON'T RUN ON THE PITCH WHATEVER HAPPENS........:lolol:

okay harty - I've bitten.

I know percy well - he is indeed a very long standing albion fan and has been unstinting in his support for the club and also his support for the new stadium. he has written some fantastic letters on that subject - filled with passion and intelligence.

he has also been a guest of the board at games before.

So yes, i wil bite because once again you have decided to have a cheap shot at the club. But hey welcome back and it might get some callers next week?

But hey, if a person is not controversial then in your eyes that person has no passion!

It's a cheap shot to call people acolytes - funny that you expect people to respect your views but at times have no respect for others!

Yours (obviously passionless),

Adrian Newnham aged 37 and 11 months!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If we beat a big Premiership club, at Withdean, in the cup this year, I expect a pitch invasion. I also expect too see Dick Knight and Martin Perry on the pitch. :thumbsup:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Ade,

I apologise, I thought you were older than that, take a chill pill my old mate, you and your beautiful wife on embarking on an exciting adventure, don't let something like this wind you up.
I stand by what I said at the outset of this thread, I was merely doing my job, and perhaps Martin should have listened to the show a couple of times before reacting like that.
I don't recall anyone complaining, including Martin, when we invaded the Goldstone pitch on numerous ocassions in order to save our club.
To put this whole thing to bed, and to stop "Outraged of Lewes" geting on the bandwagon, I apologise unreservedly for any upset caused yesterday, I will offer a complete retraction to my words both in prinit on in the Herald series on Thursday and personally on next Saturday's show and will donate all the money the Beeb paid me yesterday for the Poppy Appeal.

Love you long time

Harty

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Harty said:
Ade,

I apologise, I thought you were older than that, take a chill pill my old mate, you and your beautiful wife on embarking on an exciting adventure, don't let something like this wind you up.
I stand by what I said at the outset of this thread, I was merely doing my job, and perhaps Martin should have listened to the show a couple of times before reacting like that.
I don't recall anyone complaining, including Martin, when we invaded the Goldstone pitch on numerous ocassions in order to save our club.
To put this whole thing to bed, and to stop "Outraged of Lewes" geting on the bandwagon, I apologise unreservedly for any upset caused yesterday, I will offer a complete retraction to my words both in prinit on in the Herald series on Thursday and personally on next Saturday's show and will donate all the money the Beeb paid me yesterday for the Poppy Appeal.

Love you long time

Harty

sorry Ian but you are missing the point. i am not referring to comments about pitch invasions. I am saying that to try and use Percy as a cause celebre to make a point was wrong. he is a loyal albion fan and has before been the guest of the board. I thought it was a cheap dig hence my comment.

love you too sweety :kiss:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Harty - in amongst all of that you took a call from my young son (Jacob) yesterday which was the icing on the cake for him - seeing the Albion win 8 nil and then getting live on the radio during the car journey home (and having his dad shouting unintelligibly in the background!). Memories are made of that sort of stuff. Ta.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Harty

Keep doing what you are doing, no-one took you seriously when you mentiond pitch invasions, if we're going to do one, than nothing will stop us, Mt P et al can go whislte.

As for the veteran, let's all thank God for peope like him, Ade makes sense in what he says, but you're doing a fine job. In the heat of the moment we all say things that could be better said, but after an 8-0 win, I'll forgice you for sure.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Colbourne Kid said:
I am inviting Richard on the show next week just to clarify, once again, my comments

I'm sure he'll be there!

I'm sure he will because he's a top man and someone who I look upon as a friend.

Maybe I shouldn't have said what I said, but I did, and if I offended anyone then I apologise, I'm making the gesture to the poppy appeal and I will repeat my apology live on air.

But lets just put it all into context, the Albion haven't record a win like this for 41 years, if we have to wait another 41 years I will be 83.

And how many of Percy's comrades at Normandy would have liked to have been there to witness it but lost their lives fighting so we have freedom of speech?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey

I have just read this and we are talking about a storm in a teacup aren't we.

I did not hear the phone in as I was in Southend:down: , but reading this, It appears that it was a tongue in cheek thing after a tremendous result.

Are the club becoming so paranoid that they are now picking up any little thing said on a fans phone in?

Incredible.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You're wasting your time posting that on here Harty, the NSC geekfest is hardly representative of the overall Albion fan base. People on here are more likely to invade their fridges for another Coke Zero to go in their PC cup holder than invade a footy pitch.

;)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Cheeky Monkey said:
People on here are more likely to invade their fridges for another Coke Zero to go in their PC cup holder than invade a footy pitch.
:lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dave the Gaffer said:
Are the club becoming so paranoid that they are now picking up any little thing said on a fans phone in?

Incredible.
Maybe the host of the fans phone-in comes out with fairly innocuous populist stuff about how wonderful pitch invasions were in the good old days, then comes on here and posts about it as a deliberate attempt to create a storm out of nothing and drum up interest in the show...just a thought...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here