Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just supposing......

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
that the goal had been awarded, we would at that point have pulled back from 2 nil down. Does anybody think that the game would have turned in our favour, that the German's heads would have dropped, that confidence would have flowed through the team and that we would have won it? After all, the game plan changes if you are all square doesn't it?

For what it's worth I still think that the overpaid prima-donnas would still have conjoured defeat somehow, it's the law. :mad:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Who really knows(?!) - but as Germany were shit-loads better than our stiffs, I reckon they still would've ended up winning by a couple of goals.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No. They were running us ragged, would have come out more determined, we'd've been over confident thinking we had momentum, and all our flaws would have come out again.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Every time they came forward they looked like scoring. Even at 2-2 they were always going to get more goals. We were totally outclassed.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Would have been 2-2 just before half time, us on the up and who knows. I also believe that when something like that goes against you, your concentration naturally goes, and you think to yourself in your head about the lino, ref etc etc. I know they are proffessionals, but you cant help natural thoughts, it happened to my side this season, opposition scored after the ball was about 5 yards out of play, and we spent so long complaining and thinking we ended up getting well beaten.

brightonup

Brightonup
Jun 25, 2010
Cuckfield
No Joy

Klinsman had it right; the Germans enjoyed playing.... there is little joy in the way the England players performed throughout the competition.

..and I think that tragically the tournament went away from England the moment Green made that mistake.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Not at all, we lost the game because we defended like cocks, not because of the "goal"

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
I may have stopped us from commiting so many forward for set pieces, which led to the lack of defenders back to stop any counter attack. But in the end i think we would've still lost out, just maybe not by so much of a distance

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Might have made a difference, we would have probably gone in at 1/2 time level and we might have been able to tighten up our defense and maybe nicked a win (or at least not got as badly thrashed)

Going in level would have meant we wouldn't have over committed going forward as we did in search of an equalizer and less likely we would have been caught on the counter attack as we were.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first Argentina goal being wrongly awarded against a Mexico team that had been the better side upto that point shows how these type of things can affect a side and the result.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
going in level at half time may have made the difference - opinions are always so polarised. It was an awful 2nd half but the same players may have played a lot different with more confidence. We will never know.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I really think it would have made a difference and we wouldn't have been pushing so high up the pitch chasing the game so wouldn't have conceded the counter attack goals. It would also have knocked the Germans for 6 and had them on the ropes.

HOWEVER, despite the goal not being given there is no excuse for how badly we played.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here