Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just received this email about Bill Archer

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My brother (the very occasional contributor Seagull73) sent me this email just now. I don't know how old this story is, or which magazine it this piece was run in. Anyway here's his message...

===============

Just been shown a peice from Britain's Top Earners list for 2003 (not total value, but top earners), and who comes in at No. 6 with a staggering £73.3m for last year? None other than the once third-owner of Focus Wickes group, Mr Bill Archer who earned this money because he sold his 33.3% stake in the company last year....

Quite funny though, the peice starts of by saying "that fans of Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. will be gnashing their teeth at this man appearing on the list, as he and his side-kick Greg Stanley, whom he went into business with in 1987, bought the club, sold the ground for £7.4m in 1995, left them homeless and made a tidy profit on the site two years later.

One chant from the terraces even suggested he was burned alive..!" (Ha ha that's great that it appears in a glossy top-earners mag!!)

Bottom line is, this guy is minted, and I've never wished death on anyone, but...

===============

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The Large One said:
[BMr Bill Archer who earned this money because he sold his 33.3% stake in the company last year....
[/B]

Does that mean that I can go shopping there now?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where has Stanley slipped to in the rankings?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I still wont shop there. Due to people like him lotsof independant tool shops have gone to the wall. Not only that, but the out of town "Sheds" will not employ the people that used to work in the shops that have closed by the actions of the "Sheds."

Therefore the knowledge that these people have is now redundant and wasted. Instead I get "I don't know," as the stock answer to any question.

Cheers, Mr. Archer. You, and your sort, help to destroy communities wherever they are, and to hell with the cosequences.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
And theyre a f***ing rip off.:angry:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The sheds that is:angry:

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
Trend DIY in Green Street, Eastbourne. Nice bloke, amazing fireworks, most tools and materials always in stock, and as far as I know he has never threatened the existence of a major football club.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Dockerills for hardwear. Aird's for tools. Attempt to never do Sheds unless they are the only people who have what I want.

Archer's money ain't worth anything without a soul!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
(sings to the tune of You Sexy Thing by Hot Chocolate)

I bought this in Dockerills!

Where you from?

You sinky thing!

IMG_322_4.jpg

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
Re: Re: Just received this email about Bill Archer

Does that mean that I can go shopping there now? [/QUOTE]

Never !!:angry:

Aug 12, 2003
Perth WA
Lush said:
R and I Stacey in Rustington is the kind of fabulous place where you can get an individual screw.

:eek:

Blimey it all goes on in Rustington - 'Individual screw' thats what I call real customer service:dunce:

Albion Rob

Max's Dad said:
Trend DIY in Green Street, Eastbourne. Nice bloke, amazing fireworks, most tools and materials always in stock, and as far as I know he has never threatened the existence of a major football club.

My mate's dad owns that shop. I can just imagine every time he walks in: "One day son, all this will be yours..." :lolol: :lolol:

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Yep Dockerills for me...............................Malcolm Dockerill (Managing Director) used to be a season ticket holder.........................not sure if he still is.
I worked at Dockerills in the late 70s and it is where I first became interested in Becoming a Locksmith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here