Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Received This E-Mail From Palarse's "Commercial Dept."

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have just got the same email, and have replied accordingly!!

"Dear Chris

Many thanks for your email.

Unfortunately for you the splendid American Express Community Stadium has been built and is already proving a tremendous venue for hosting all business and conferencing facilities. Whilst I am sure you are trying your best to compete I have very large doubts that your facilites will come anywhere near to those offered at the AMEX. My previous experiences of Selhurst Park suggest that I will not be changing my view anytime soon.

I wish you luck in trying to halt your club's decline though."

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
To be fair, he is only doing what any good Commercial Manager would do - write to everyone on their database advising them of the facilities they have to offer. They always make them sound better than they are but then again, he would really describe his facilities as mediocre or run down, much as he may think it.

I suspect there are many fans of other clubs on the Albions database who get similar emails and scoff in a similar fashion although clearly, the facilities at the Amex ARE better than anywhere else!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Sounds very tempting - a bit of road kill cooked on the camp fire is guaranteed to impress prospective business clients, especially while the wheels are being nicked off their motors.

At what point over lunch do the marketing people dare to mention the 'opportunities' in South Croydon arose following the looting and burning of existing businesses?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
To be fair, he is only doing what any good Commercial Manager would do - write to everyone on their database advising them of the facilities they have to offer. They always make them sound better than they are but then again, he would really describe his facilities as mediocre or run down, much as he may think it.

I suspect there are many fans of other clubs on the Albions database who get similar emails and scoff in a similar fashion although clearly, the facilities at the Amex ARE better than anywhere else!

That said, this is the first time I've ever received such a communication. I suspect they have seen this side of their business decline both because of the economy and because if you live in Sussex the AMEX is far superior.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whoah, folks, let's not be too hasty in dismissing Crystal Palace's attempts to establish themselves as a venue for conferencing and events. I seem to recall a television programme quite recently in which the participants repeatedly struggled to find a venue willing to host their, er, gatherings.

Perhaps this could be an, ahem, marriage made in heaven?

89efa2b7-c86e-4f89-8232-bda2831ae09b_625x352_large.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What do they do ? teach you how to overspend, fleece your creditors and still stay in business ?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I got the spam too

You forgot this bit. Maybe not a brilliant idea though because he might get inundated with piss taking emails and we wouldn't want that would we? :0)

Chris Powlson
Head of Commercial
T: 020 8768 6010
M: 07507 477886
Crystal Palace Football Club
Crystal Palace | CPFC Scores, News, Transfers, Fixtures
chris.powlson[MENTION=15976]CPFC[/MENTION].co.uk
Love the bit about the scam on trialist........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here