Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just out of interest....

Who would you prefer as manager of BHAFC?

• Total voters

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
People saying Wilson are nutters.No thankyou.If you want to pick up a decent manager from lower leagues who could do a decent job here then Mick Hartford.My first chioce would be Curbs,if not Boothy.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
But IF Micky went, then what is there to possibly suggest Danny Wilson is any better? If anything, Micky's track record is more impressive. Both are of similar age yet Micky has reached higher levels than Wilson ever will. I'm not saying I don't like Wilson, I think he's an ok manager, but he's not exactly an exciting and ambitious appointment. Put it like this, my first choice is that Micky stays and succeeds, but if he doesn't I want someone who's potentially a LOT better.

I think hes alot like Micky, very similar records. But its a matter of a taste and ive always liked Danny. Anyway i still think Micky is the man..for now.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Higher levels in what way? You're aware Wilson has managed in the Premiership, right?

Barnsley-FC-256x256.png

But hasn't Adams managed in the premiership aswell? ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But hasn't Adams managed in the premiership aswell? ???

Yes, which would make Adams and Wilson having managed at EQUAL levels if Badger was making a comparison based on league level managed.

Which is why I asked him in which way Adams had managed at higher levels than Wilson.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Yes, which would make Adams and Wilson having managed at EQUAL levels if Badger was making a comparison based on league level managed.

Which is why I asked him in which way Adams had managed at higher levels than Wilson.

Ahh right, fair enough. I jumped in half way through. :blush:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i voted Adams but if he were to leave i would like to see Nobby horton and Danny wilson take over as a joint manager coach role,then if the results do not improve it will be impossible to sack them after 5 months as that would mean we would be paying 4 ex managers and still be managerless until Dave basset gets the call we survive on the last day and win the JPT with a last kick of the game winner from Colin Hawkins. :thumbsup:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
One thing that did occur to me is that the club have already set a precedent with not dismissing a manager who took the team down, standing by him and seeing the team promoted back again the following season...that man was of course Barry Lloyd, though it might be argued that he was a puppet manager for Stanley and Archer...but many are saying that that is exactly what Mickey is for DK, so maybe all this talk of him being shown the door is a complete and utter waste of time because it isn't going to happen.

What are the odds on Barry Lloyd becoming manager again, at least on an interim basis like Kinnear at Newcastle, just to keep things ticking over for the rest of the season? He was fairly successful, brought in some of the best players I have seen grace the stripes (Gotsmanov, Byrne, Small, etc) and came within 90 minutes of getting us back into the top division...maybe the answer is staring us in the face, and already on the payroll!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
One thing that did occur to me is that the club have already set a precedent with not dismissing a manager who took the team down, standing by him and seeing the team promoted back again the following season...that man was of course Barry Lloyd, though it might be argued that he was a puppet manager for Stanley and Archer...but many are saying that that is exactly what Mickey is for DK, so maybe all this talk of him being shown the door is a complete and utter waste of time because it isn't going to happen.

We all thought that Micky getting us to Falmer on the back of a promotion was the best way to do it. I bet nobody expected it to be from League 2 to League 1 though.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Boothroyd - David Brent wanabe and disgusting longball merchant. Does anyone really want a manager who will plaster the walls with motivational posters and words like "focus" "moment" "hoof" and talk about game management? Really?

Danny Wilson - Not the best choice or the worst but at least he would get us playing football. Did a good job at Hartlepool, got them up and maintained them on 3000 crowds.

Curbishley/Ince - Obviously both would be superb. Think Ince is slightly more realistic.

Cotterill - Great job at Cheltenham, good job at Burnley. Possibly a bit direct but less so than some of the other candidates, would do well for us.

Holloway - Overrated because of the "hilarious" things he says. He's not bad, but there are plenty of others I'd prefer.

Other names I'd like to see in the mix - Pardew (he's a wanker but still...), Nigel Clough, Phil Parkinson, Gary Waddock, Terry Connor, Luigi De Canio

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I have voted Adams, but would have voted Curbishley if I thought we could get remotely near paying him the sort of salary he could command.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
f*** it. BOOTHROYD in. A bit of passion would be nice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here