Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just in From Exeter

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
It was closer last season, the pitch was relaid and moved toward the 'newer' two sides of the ground in the close season.

We'd love to have a covered away end, improve the atmos no end. Lack of funds prevent it, as always.

Would you develop the away end or the old grandstand first do you think ?

Sandaza's Nose

Jan 3, 2011
Decent enough away performance, a sign of champions to grind out results without dominating the game. Bridcutt and Murray stood out for me...and pleased for Barnes to grab the winner. Casper may flap at the ball but made a couple of outstanding saves in the first half - the game would have been out of sight at half time if it wasn't for him. Noone looked dangerous on the ball and looked quick and skillful when running at defenders, I think he will play a massive part for us.

Oh and St James' Park made Withdean look like Wembley, proper shit hole.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Erm, ten clean sheets so far makes the above seem pretty silly. As does the league table.

Granted his style is not necessarily my cup of tea either but im prepared to eat humble pie given the statistics.

You want to talk statistics?
Percentage of games a clean sheet is kept in:
Ankergren: 44% (of 23 games)
Brezovan: 50% (of four games - I know, not really a large sample size, so let's look at last season: 45% of 20 games)

Percent of shots on target that go in:
Ankergren: 20.09%
Brezovan: 20.00% (last year 18.48%)

Goals conceded per game:
Ankergren: 0.83
Brezovan: 0.75 (last season 0.85)

Despite the usual polarisation of NSC with goalkeepers, there really isn't a great deal between Ankergren and Brezovan.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
goldstone was never a shit ground
I went there more times than I can remember between 1966 and 1997 and I can assure you it WAS a shit ground. In the late 1960s and early 1970s it was at best an average 3rd division ground but by the time we'd got into the old 1st division it was an embarrassment. Away fans used to piss themselves when they saw it - through laughter, not intimidation. Then in its later years it became a rotting, crumbling hulk.

Shit ground is being kind.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As a goalkeeper no, no there isn't! As a FOOTBALLER; Ankergren is miles ahead! Why does everybody not realise this

I don't believe that has really been confirmed. As far as I've witnessed Ankergren was as uncomfortable playing triangles with el abd and elphick early in the season as Brezovan was in his appearances. The difference being Ankergren has had 23 games playing this system, Brezovan has had four games that have been mostly played non consecutively. When he has had a run of games playing with it at his feet then we can judge him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I did tell you that once we scored one....we would score another!!! :laugh: Nice to see you again mate, and yes there is a bit of snow back here :ohmy:

Good to catch up with you both...no snow in Llangenny (yet). Not the best away end I've been to, those toilets were something else :ohmy:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
A win's a win at the end if the day, it is a sign of a good team when they win despite not playing to their maximum potential.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yup, there are the type of games that get you promoted, and make no mistake this was one of them. A few more of those please lads.

Really enjoyed it, but no one could have complained if we'd left with a point. Exeter are clearly a half-decent team, and ironically for them they had been battering us for 15 minutes when we nabbed the winner.

There is something about TWO superb goal celebrations about five yards directly in front of you which made the whole experience very pleasing.

It developed into one of those very open games that managers must hate, on another day we could easily have lost, so a win is massive bonus. Kick in the teeth for the Stains as well. Shame.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Exeter's Home Record (at 2.59pm tody)

W5 D3 L1

Exeter's Home Record (at 5pm today)

W5 D3 L2

Enough said. Great three points from a really tough away game.

Very true based on teams last 5 games at home (before today) Exeter were the best in the division (below) which shows what a fantastic result this was

Team Pld W D L F A GD GFA GAA PpG Pts
1 Exeter City (13) 5 4 0 1 13 7 6 2.60 1.40 2.40 12
2 Milton Keynes Dons (8) 5 4 0 1 9 6 3 1.80 1.20 2.40 12
3 Brighton & Hove Albion (1) 5 3 2 0 13 3 10 2.60 0.60 2.20 11
4 Leyton Orient (19) 5 3 2 0 6 3 3 1.20 0.60 2.20 11
5 Southampton (2) 5 3 1 1 12 4 8 2.40 0.80 2.00 10
6 Sheffield Wednesday (5) 5 3 1 1 12 5 7 2.40 1.00 2.00 10

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Well my first visit to St James part today and i have to say i was somewhat surprised at what a shithole the place was. Granted i had been warned though but i didnt think it would be quite so bad. Its got to be on a par with Edgar Street for the shittest stadium in the football league at the moment. I suppose it didnt help that it was absolutely baltic either.

On a aside i thought we were under par today and i left the ground of the feeling that today was definetely a performance of potential champions. Id settled for a point to be honest but fair play to the lads for going for the win. Felt the players knew the significance of this at the final whistle too. This could be one we look back on at the end of the season IMO.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Yup, there are the type of games that get you promoted, and make no mistake this was one of them. A few more of those please lads.

Really enjoyed it, but no one could have complained if we'd left with a point. Exeter are clearly a half-decent team, and ironically for them they had been battering us for 15 minutes when we nabbed the winner.

There is something about TWO superb goal celebrations about five yards directly in front of you which made the whole experience very pleasing.

It developed into one of those very open games that managers must hate, on another day we could easily have lost, so a win is massive bonus. Kick in the teeth for the Stains as well. Shame.

Pretty much sums it up for me, great day :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just remembered something funny, as the dug outs have moved this season at Exeter, did anyone see Brezovan come out late for the first half, walk round the pitch to the old dug outs, just to see some disabled people sat in the old dug outs, and the brighton team waving at him from the other side of the pitch! Well funny

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here