Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just in From Exeter

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tarrico was called Gypo throughout by their crowd any idea why?

Because he has hair slightly longer than a #1 crop of course, which in the eyes of a large number of football fans makes someone a gypo, silly :facepalm:

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Just got back.

Thought we robbed them today. Although we won, I felt we were lacking today. Gave the ball away too cheaply when we had a 5 man midfield. Bridcutt was class though and Noone looks very comfortable on the ball, he just ran out of steam in the second half.

Good to win when you don't play well, sign of champions!

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
I didnt believe it til i saw it but yeah on the 3rd floor of the house, i litterally had the best seat in the ground (warm), i mean it would of been hard for albion to create atmosphere because the sound is created in enclosed spaces, there was no enclosedness for albion fans.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
The fantastic away end......

Attachments

• P1030151.JPG
    P1030151.JPG
    589.4 KB · Views: 617

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was there I'm not talking about on the radio.........the atmosphere was crap

And we all know that away ends with no roof = very poor atmo - like Gills etc

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Gus will be happy with the points, I think he was playing a game of 'my tactics are better than your tactics' with their manager we started 4-5-1 then went to 4-4-2 for a bit and finished off with 4-3-3.

Barnes made the difference today, great movement and the winning goal.

I did tell you that once we scored one....we would score another!!! :laugh: Nice to see you again mate, and yes there is a bit of snow back here :ohmy:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I can't believe what I'm reading - we were nowhere near our best today, and this was most certainly down to a poor midfield performance. The first half we were outbattled, and beaten by some good football from a very decent attacking Exeter side. How Sparrow wasn't substituted at ANY point will remain a mystery, as he was useless throughout and has definitely not been the player we had anticipated when he signed in the summer. Infact, quite how he keeps Kishishev out the side is another head scratcher, who put in a good shift at right back when he came on later on, superb move by Gus as a tiring Tanno was failing to keep up with their useful left back who was consistently getting a lot of space.

We had the best of the second half (just) when we were pushing for the equaliser, I suspect Murray may have been offside when he scored but who cares. Two upfront was clearly the right thing to do with our poor midfield, but it was only when we put three up top that we actually created more and scored. Fair play to Barnes, cracking strike first time under a lot of pressure in the dying moments of the game.

Noone certainly has potential. Only criticism today was that occasionally his touch let him down and lost us possession. Certainly seems to have fit in well with our game and was linking up well in little one touch moves which is encouraging to see.

Finally, Exeter don't give away three points at home often so we've done extremely well to get a result there, the three points are all the more crucial considering Southampton and Bournemouth both won. Well done Albion, but we'll have to improve against Peterborough, Bournemouth and Col U this month!

greciano

Jan 3, 2011
Bexhill
I heard a lot of "We are Exeter" ...

Lots of radio listeners commented on the naffness of that chant on the matchday thread.

Just to clarify, the radio guys sit at the back of the old grandstand, in the family stand. Cheerleading of the kids normally led by Steve Perryman, so blame him!

Agree the atmosphere is not so good though, just like the Withdean.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
The fantastic away end......

That's a huge keep clear bit... they could probably build something covered there. Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't the terrace closer to the pitch last season?

EDIT: Answered my own question! Apparently they relaid the pitch closer to the big bank and the new all seated stand to make room for redevelopment on the other stands.

greciano

Jan 3, 2011
Bexhill
That's a huge keep clear bit... they could probably build something covered there. Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't the terrace closer to the pitch last season?

It was closer last season, the pitch was relaid and moved toward the 'newer' two sides of the ground in the close season.

We'd love to have a covered away end, improve the atmos no end. Lack of funds prevent it, as always.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here