Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just in case you were in any doubt about the greed of some players - fat lampard!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
A bit old news but i only just heard it from the wife. Eastbourne United veterans played a charity match against a bunch of Chelsea Old boys back in 2010. The Chelsea boys included people like Bumpstead, Stanley, Cannoville, and also our old boys Chivers and Walker.

It transpired that an Eastbourne female fan who is quite a good artist had done a picture of Fat Lampard. On chatting to one of the Chelsea Old boys (not sure which one!), he very helpfully suggested that he would use his Chelsea connections to get the picture actually signed by Lampard on the sensible basis that its charity worth would be obviously enhanced.

Lo and behold after some delay the picture was returned by the Chelsea vet with an apology but Lampard had refused to sign unless he received a fee!
:glare:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not convinced. Lampard has always seemed like a genuinely fairly nice bloke.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
A bit old news but i only just heard it from the wife. Eastbourne United veterans played a charity match against a bunch of Chelsea Old boys back in 2010. The Chelsea boys included people like Bumpstead, Stanley, Cannoville, and also our old boys Chivers and Walker.

It transpired that an Eastbourne female fan who is quite a good artist had done a picture of Fat Lampard. On chatting to one of the Chelsea Old boys (not sure which one!), he very helpfully suggested that he would use his Chelsea connections to get the picture actually signed by Lampard on the sensible basis that its charity worth would be obviously enhanced.

Lo and behold after some delay the picture was returned by the Chelsea vet with an apology but Lampard had refused to sign unless he received a fee!
:glare:

about as likely as d Barfield being on our xmas card list.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The trouble is, often people just want to make money out of you signing your name.
I know it's only a pen stroke. But think of how many people get him to sign a cheap photo, then sell it in their shop for 10 times the price.

He is a knobber though..

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
The trouble is, often people just want to make money out of you signing your name.
I know it's only a pen stroke. But think of how many people get him to sign a cheap photo, then sell it in their shop for 10 times the price.

He is a knobber though..

I disagree, he always seems like one of the nicer guys in football.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Always come across as a decent bloke, just keeps himself to himself (whenever possible). I'm sure that story is not true at all......

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Sorry I should have added the following...
If it's true, he's a knobber because he's got so much money he can afford not to care how much money other people can make out of him.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
Maybe the guy overstated his "connections" and in actual fact didnt know Frank Lampard from adam and so blamed him to saved face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here