Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just how BAD were Liverpool today?!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Close game - they were much better than 2 weeks ago but still not great. We missed Caicedo, Still won, knocking the holders out with a par performance is fun though!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Brighton. By far the luckiest team in football history. Its totally incredible that every opponent we've faced this season has picked that occasion to have their worst match of the season.
In liverpools case they did it twice. We are so lucky that teams have their worst performance in history against us

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
TAA face like a smacked arse when he came off and also on the bench later
4C6398A1-80DF-4360-A01F-40CD30401E1D.png

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Crikey, what are the chances Liverpool played THAT badly, 2 visits on the trot?!!

When are we going to get a crack at the REAL Liverpool?
When the real Liverpool do turn up it will contain only 6 of that lot.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Liverpool weren't bad. They played OK but we were better (despite not being at our best).
Exactly. I can understand RBZ being a bit pissed off because we are capable of far, far better but it was good enough for today :thumbsup:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Considering we had 3 main players out (2 injuries and 1 sulking) plus our reserve goalie in and recovering injured centre back replaced at half time by an OAP and Liverpool played their main team, I think we did quite well to win 2-1 ; :albion2:
Yes, apart from Van Dyke, Jota, Firminho, Carvalho and Philips they'e not missing anyone at all really............

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
They were significantly better today than they were two weeks ago. They carried a threat today and we rode our luck a little bit, particularly in the first half.

We were deserved winners in the end however.
As Robertson said, that's not exactly difficult 🤣🤣🤣

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, apart from Van Dyke, Jota, Firminho, Carvalho and Philips they'e not missing anyone at all really............
Van D yes - one of Jota or Firminho would start - the other 2 no way. So really 2 players out to our 2/3 starters? Also laughed they picked Allison in goal whilst we rotated 2 or 3 positions 🤣

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
They weren't bad at all. An even first half, and they controlled the first 20 of the second.

They should have had one red, possibly two and they lost to a moment of pure class, but there's no shame in ANY team losing to this Albion side, especially away. We are.just f***ing brilliant.
I thought that the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half were mostly played in their half.
Am I dreaming?
What a beautiful result.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
Liverpool were not as bad as 2 weeks ago, We outplayed them at times and contained them at times too, They brought on the bully boys and went for the dark arts quite successfully.
They like us were suffering from missing some key players but we adapted and they should have too, from the stats i've seen we were the better team on the day and i dislike the fact that when so called bigger teams loose or draw to us the narrative is always that the other team played poorly and not that we out played them or were the better on the day.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They contributed to a reasonable game, were extremely dirty as set up by their boss. This was shown by bringing on 2 old hackers. We were better, we won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here