Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
[tweet]1340399852656668673[/tweet]

[tweet]1340408239935123459[/tweet]

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The big question is " Why are so many people in need " ? When I was growing up I can't recall families struggling like they do these days, we were all pretty poor but we always had food and a roof over our heads. Homeless people did not exist in the numbers they do now, they were regarded as the odd eccentric who chose to live that way, Food Banks never existed in my day either, what has changed ? Up until the arrival of Covid, the government proudly trumpeted that there had never been so many people " In Work " and that this was a ringing endorsement of their policies?

i dont know when your day was but food banks have been around under different names for decades (and other countries). i know my family were recipients 30 years ago. there's always been people poor, without basics, if there weren't why would we have welfare at all? you ask what has changed seems only more need, i dont know why except that we spend ever more on providing something but its never enough. about time to ask what should be provided and how.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The big question is " Why are so many people in need " ? When I was growing up I can't recall families struggling like they do these days, we were all pretty poor but we always had food and a roof over our heads. Homeless people did not exist in the numbers they do now, they were regarded as the odd eccentric who chose to live that way, Food Banks never existed in my day either, what has changed ? Up until the arrival of Covid, the government proudly trumpeted that there had never been so many people " In Work " and that this was a ringing endorsement of their policies.

So how come, all these people " In Work " yet so many homeless, relying on food parcels,and trying to exist on Universal Credit ? We are all working harder than ever in the 5th biggest economy in the World yet things keep getting worse for so many ? we were promised a glorious future once we left the " Shackles" of the EU but, once again it seems the majority will be worse off. Will the dichotomy of working and yet having so many people "in work poverty" ever be addressed all the time that government subsidises employers poor wages by giving financial support ? Covid -19 has highlighted so many issues, things have to change but, will the powers that be ever allow things to change ?

Fall of the Unions. Powerless to stop poor wages, zero hours contracts, longer working hours etc etc etc

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
i dont know when your day was but food banks have been around under different names for decades (and other countries). i know my family were recipients 30 years ago. there's always been people poor, without basics, if there weren't why would we have welfare at all? you ask what has changed seems only more need, i dont know why except that we spend ever more on providing something but its never enough. about time to ask what should be provided and how.

Really?

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
National debt to GDP is now more than 100%, when the conservatives took over it was around 60% even after the crash and bailing out the Banks.

And that's still with a decade of austerity

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).jpg

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
We've left Randy.

We've left.

... but for a few more days we are still in the transition period; so it's a sort of 'half way house' for 10 more days. Then we will begin to feel the effects and if you still minded to do it, you can repeat the same 'triumphant' assertion.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
... but for a few more days we are still in the transition period; so it's a sort of 'half way house' for 10 more days. Then we will begin to feel the effects and if you still minded to do it, you can repeat the same 'triumphant' assertion.

Not at all triumphant, your words (as usual) and not mine.

I just feel your angst might be eased a touch once you accept that we have left, democratically.

Easier to move on then.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The year Britain tried to get Super Canada and ended up with Super Covid

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Not at all triumphant, your words (as usual) and not mine.

I just feel your angst might be eased a touch once you accept that we have left, democratically.

Easier to move on then.

Of course you have no angst at the moment but you may have after we have really left; you just prefer to chop semantics at the moment because you are a true 'beleaver'.
Your pointless bracketed comment is noted. My words.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here