Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
There are quite a few charities supporting the refugees in the Jungle and trying to turn the tide against people smuggling. I could put you in touch if you want?

It might need a day or two in Calais but I’m sure your union could get you compassionate leave.

Good to have you on board comrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Encouraging people smugglers and their abhorrent profit from human misery is wrong, end of chat. Try and skew it anyway you please, it is wrong.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Encouraging people smugglers and their abhorrent profit from human misery is wrong, end of chat. Try and skew it anyway you please, it is wrong.

I’m not spinning or skewing it. I’m glad we finally agree.

There are people in the jungle who are desperate for a big chunky man to protect them from the smugglers. Just send me your name and contact details by PM and I’ll make sure you can turn your admirable words into deeds.

I’m sure NSC would love the odd progress report.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I don't advocate people trafficking. I advocate the Government doing more to let more refugees in safely, rather than grandstanding.

The majority are not refugees, but migrants arrogantly demanding to be let in, and how dare we say no.And if the Gov't do as you wish, when would you call a halt to it? Once the migrants realise that Britain will take anyone, as you advocate, because that is what will happen, you will at some stage come to realise that enough is enough.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The majority are not refugees, but migrants arrogantly demanding to be let in, and how dare we say no.And if the Gov't do as you wish, when would you call a halt to it? Once the migrants realise that Britain will take anyone, as you advocate, because that is what will happen, you will at some stage come to realise that enough is enough.

You’ve met them all and confirmed their stories personally then?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You’ve met them all and confirmed their stories personally then?

Stupid statement. After the wave of immigration in 2015, when Germany took a million , they worked out on registration that only 186,000 came from Syria, and that was during the height of the conflict there. The rest did not.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Stupid statement. After the wave of immigration in 2015, when Germany took a million , they worked out on registration that only 186,000 came from Syria, and that was during the height of the conflict there. The rest did not.

You’ve guessed then :thumbsup:

It was a question, not a statement. I thought you were a teacher?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Well if you believe uncle Nige they are all men in their 20ś or 30´s but the boy who drowned was 16 and who would risk drowning to do menial work?

At the end of the day Fromage has been wrong on everything, said there would be frictionless trade, no border in Ireland, we can control our borders, wrong, wrong wrong. He is a 5th columnist in in the pockets of the Russians so sow seeds of division, he is the real enemy

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Well if you believe uncle Nige they are all men in their 20ś or 30´s but the boy who drowned was 16 and who would risk drowning to do menial work?

At the end of the day Fromage has been wrong on everything, said there would be frictionless trade, no border in Ireland, we can control our borders, wrong, wrong wrong. He is a 5th columnist in in the pockets of the Russians so sow seeds of division, he is the real enemy

Yes, all very nice, but what has this to do with my post?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Maybe you should learn what happens to asylum seekers. Rejections are deported.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The majority are not refugees, but migrants arrogantly demanding to be let in

I assume you can back this up, given you've presented it as a statement of fact? And I don't mean by spurious statements based on data from 5 years ago in Germany, I mean figures related to those arriving in the UK right now.

I mean you've presented it as fact, so presumably you can. Otherwise some might say you've simply drawn assumptions, which many might think is because you'd rather that was true.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I assume you can back this up, given you've presented it as a statement of fact? And I don't mean by spurious statements based on data from 5 years ago in Germany, I mean figures related to those arriving in the UK right now.

I mean you've presented it as fact, so presumably you can. Otherwise some might say you've simply drawn assumptions, which many might think is because you'd rather that was true.

I can only state what is currently happening and at present most are from Iran or Iraq. The stats referring to Germany were not spurious, by the way, and I used that to illustrate the reality at the time, as so many folk thought they all came from Syria.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I can only state what is currently happening and at present most are from Iran or Iraq. The stats referring to Germany were not spurious, by the way, and I used that to illustrate the reality at the time, as so many folk thought they all came from Syria.

Germany needs migrants to stay economically competitive. They're simply planning ahead.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Germany needs migrants to stay economically competitive. They're simply planning ahead.

And seemingly, so does the UK. After all, it was our very own government that was advocating that UK people get out in the field and do the jobs that *checks notes* migrants were doing anyway.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
[/B]

Yes, all very nice, but what has this to do with my post?

Sorry I thought you were parroting the same unsubstantiated nonsense from Farage or the daily mail rather than research the facts

You are being told these people are adults in their late 20's only coming for economic reasons and not refugees

The person who drowned was 16 and from Sudan, a war torn country

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And seemingly, so does the UK. After all, it was our very own government that was advocating that UK people get out in the field and do the jobs that *checks notes* migrants were doing anyway.

The penny will never drop for some people. Economic growth generally = population growth. We have a negative birth rate and an ageing population to look after and pay for. You don't have to be a graduate to work out the problem.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe you should learn why they are rejected?

I know why. I have worked with customs officers.
I also know asylum seekers who have come here, been accepted and contribute to our society. I am not blinkered by bigotry.

Jan 30, 2008

Do gooders = do badders ,they just can't see it, these types are quite happy to sell the country down the pan ,these illegal people need to know they're not wanted in the UK
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here