Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what this government seems to have forgotten is you have to do stuff after the announcment. by lunchtime they could have answered most the questions on how employers should deal with employees coming back, by tea time still not a sausage. meanwhile fannying about over bogof deals in supermarkets.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Some of the more council estatey Brexiteers will be upset when they can’t buy their Asda two for One pizza deals. They thought the Tory’s were going to get rid of brown people, not their £1.99 meat feast deal.
#gutted
#gammonythicket
#pizzadealsmatter

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I will have to review as clearly I am missing some points - perhaps I got bored. Bottom line I genuinely believe if the shoe was on the other foot we would be having this very same discussion.

Look at the latest on Spain - acted promptly and is seen to be shambolic, if they had acted slowly and they would have been inept. Ffs we are one nation time we acted as such.

Don't bother, you were right the first time. Of course, the opposition claims to be offering only 'constructive' criticism but in truth, they are always positioning to undermine the government claiming the government is either too slow or too hasty to act or should keep schools shut or get kids back to school asap depending on what line they think will play best in the media. It's not a party political point they all do it.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Apparently Boris Johnston thinks Starmer frequently flip flops.
Strange he should make such a criticism.... after all he made flip flopping an art form.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I will have to review as clearly I am missing some points - perhaps I got bored. Bottom line I genuinely believe if the shoe was on the other foot we would be having this very same discussion.

Look at the latest on Spain - acted promptly and is seen to be shambolic, if they had acted slowly and they would have been inept. Ffs we are one nation time we acted as such.

the tories have been divisive for nearly two hundred years; as a self selecting group, they're not going to suddenly change

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Don't bother, you were right the first time. Of course, the opposition claims to be offering only 'constructive' criticism but in truth, they are always positioning to undermine the government claiming the government is either too slow or too hasty to act or should keep schools shut or get kids back to school asap depending on what line they think will play best in the media. It's not a party political point they all do it.[/QUOTE

Firstly again I am not motivated or interested in politics. I find the whole set up embarrassing whether the badge is blue, red, yellow, or green. I am just sharing what I see as a ordinary person.

Johnson has not been perfect and has made errors of judgement when acting on the advice offered by the scientific community. But who has yet to understand this “thing” enough to compently make the correct choice each and every time.

Guess those in opposition parties needed to find a way to reverse the rising approval ratings that Boris was realising in early June - in particular when newly appointed and wanting to make a splash. Using FUD as a vehicle to undermine and unsettle is not helpful and also not constructive or cooperative.

Not sure how our gradual approach to loosening of restrictions that was flagged as “mismanagement” differs from how it has been done in other European states. Guess the opposition leaders each have huge experience in managing such events.

I also recall Johnson was berated for not communicating the updates to the plan and changes to restrictions early enough with health and other authority types - this “thing” is a moving target with updates and new discoveries coming through all the time. Who would have known last week that Spain would identify more new positive cases than the UK? The

Look at what happened when he gave advanced notice of loosening of the lockdown - the beaches were reminiscent of a pool side in Spain with towels laid out between the refilled bottles and burger boxes - and that was before the official first step of the unlocking.

There is a fine balance to managing a country and introducing socially and economically damaging policies during such an unparalleled situation in living memory and announcing unpopular and potentially last minute decisions. It is not helpful when you are undermined.

I stand by my opinion that things would have been no different if the shoe had been on the other foot.

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Some of the more council estatey Brexiteers will be upset when they can’t buy their Asda two for One pizza deals. They thought the Tory’s were going to get rid of brown people, not their £1.99 meat feast deal.
#gutted
#gammonythicket
#pizzadealsmatter

Never had you down as a snob, a bullshitter but not a snob.
The Waitrose mafia have spoken.

Let’s get going.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
#gutted
#gammonythicket
#pizzadealsmatter

your kind of shitting on your own table there aren't you...?? that's a pretty naff statement from you , tough day ..??

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Never had you down as a snob, a bullshitter but not a snob.
The Waitrose mafia have spoken.

Let’s get going.

He would like to be a snob. But in reality is just a wannabe snob, showing his liberal credentials at every opportunity in the belief he looks intelligent and morally superior. In reality he just resorts to cheap insults.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
He would like to be a snob. But in reality is just a wannabe snob, showing his liberal credentials at every opportunity in the belief he looks intelligent and morally superior. In reality he just resorts to cheap insults.

Cheap insults? You mean like 'Waitrose Mafia' ? Hypocracy at its finest. Good effort.
Brexit jihadi's getting more, and more desperate as the ****up that is Brexit unravels in front of their eyes.
Did you vote for a no deal Brexit? Strangely it seems to be a common theme now as the sunny uplands begins to fall apart.
Oven ready deal. No trade deal with the USA this year. Frictionless trade providing you buy up 27 acres of land to build massive
lorry parks, to the consternation of Brexit MPs in the area. Still no sign of any electronic system to facilitate the mess.
Seriously, is this the exit you voted for?

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Cheap insults? You mean like 'Waitrose Mafia' ? Hypocracy at its finest. Good effort.
Brexit jihadi's getting more, and more desperate as the ****up that is Brexit unravels in front of their eyes.
Did you vote for a no deal Brexit? Strangely it seems to be a common theme now as the sunny uplands begins to fall apart.
Oven ready deal. No trade deal with the USA this year. Frictionless trade providing you buy up 27 acres of land to build massive
lorry parks, to the consternation of Brexit MPs in the area. Still no sign of any electronic system to facilitate the mess.

Alright Dave, calm down now chap.

In the original referendum I was firmly behind the Remain campaign. Leaving made no sense, the UK was better in than out. I was actually gutted (for want of a better adjective) when the result to leave was confirmed. But over the following 2/3 years I watched the UK tear itself apart. Once the GE came around I decided to back BJ as he was offering certainty in terms of Europe. The damage of the original leave vote had already taken its toll on my plans, so I voted to end the uncertainty, and to be honest to respect the previous democratic vote.

I have no doubt that the UK is in for a severe roller coaster of a ride, I hope in the long term that it creates a new, better society alongside the rest of the world. But I sure as hell ain’t holding my breath. So, what exit did I vote for? One that broke the impasse, nothing more, nothing less.

Jan 30, 2008

If anyone's getting hysterical David it has to be you, take a look at your aggressive posts or maybe you cant see through the red mist
Regards
DF

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Calm yer self David, not sure your EHIC covers you for full blown meltdown.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Alright Dave, calm down now chap.

In the original referendum I was firmly behind the Remain campaign. Leaving made no sense, the UK was better in than out. I was actually gutted (for want of a better adjective) when the result to leave was confirmed. But over the following 2/3 years I watched the UK tear itself apart. Once the GE came around I decided to back BJ as he was offering certainty in terms of Europe. The damage of the original leave vote had already taken its toll on my plans, so I voted to end the uncertainty, and to be honest to respect the previous democratic vote.

I have no doubt that the UK is in for a severe roller coaster of a ride, I hope in the long term that it creates a new, better society alongside the rest of the world. But I sure as hell ain’t holding my breath. So, what exit did I vote for? One that broke the impasse, nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks for this. I can kind of see your point, but the 'certainty' was

a) somewhat illusory - let's say that it was 'relative certainty';

b) it didn't really cohere with your original pre-Remain view.

It was 'getting on with it' - but the 'it' was even worse than the version your voted against in the Referendum.

As for the prospects of a long term, better UK who could disagree with the objective? Not me. But how on earth do you think that Brexit Britain can achieve this? (Genuine question.)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Get your stories straight, I’m either shitting on my own table Or I’m a liberal or I’m pretending to be a snob. You pair of cloppers.

Here, listen, I am just one of the people. See,I just got back from the chippy with a fish supper. Not been for a long time. Did you know they have orientals working in them now? And they were accepting cash. Very polite but they just don’t play by the rules, do they.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Get your stories straight, I’m either shitting on my own table Or I’m a liberal or I’m pretending to be a snob. You pair of cloppers.

Here, listen, I am just one of the people. See,I just got back from the chippy with a fish supper. Not been for a long time. Did you know they have orientals working in them now? And they were accepting cash. Very polite but they just don’t play by the rules, do they.

You’ve gone into a full Alistair(45 minutes) Cambell meltdown down here, what have you got against Orientals, as you so delightfully call the people that work in your local chippy?
What a vile human you are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here