Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just how angry were you when...

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I was raging at Solly March. Terrible language that my mother in law heard via my wife’s FaceTime!

Sorry Solly!

In all seriousness though he needs to stop dangling a foot as it cost us against Everton just before half time and could easily have done to again today.

True...but you can't not make a tackle there. And he won the ball. Barely touched the 'victim' who made an embarrassing scene over it. If anything the Villa player should have been booked. Not just for diving, but for being a **** as well.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Not only the comments about the language and the shouts, but I'm absolutely knackered from watching that.

Situation normal.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
True...but you can't not make a tackle there. And he won the ball. Barely touched the 'victim' who made an embarrassing scene over it. If anything the Villa player should have been booked. Not just for diving, but for being a **** as well.

No honour amongst footballers these days.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had to warn Mrs Q about her language when the penalty was given... Our young grandson was within earshot.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was already angry about Lamptey's red, and when the ref gave the penalty this afternoon it was Man Utd all over again.

Oliver got it right but it's clear things are ****ed up and a total lottery. Kevin De Bruyne just said he doesn't know what the rules are any more.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I was livid and turned the air blue ! But when the ref overturned it my thoughts immediately returned to Villa Park last season and the piss taking Villa fans that were mocking us as we left the ground after them getting an undeserved winner with the last kick of the game. I so wished I could have seen the look on the faces of those Villa cocks today !

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
My exact words were, ‘Surely not again?’ followed by some less pleasant words aimed at Solly for dangling a leg in the penalty area.

Sorry Solly[emoji4]

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
As angry as I've been in a while.

It was the culmination of the previous few minutes. Trezeguet elbowing Veltman in the throat and not only not getting sent off but not even booked. Grealish having the temerity to rush over and forcibly pick up Veltman and accuse him of diving/exaggerating. Grealish then promptly getting Lamptey sent off and then from the free kick Trezeguet going down like a ballerina who had been shot by a sniper(including going up on both of his tip toes like his feet had been taken form under him before whatever minimal contact was made) and the penalty being given. Oh, and it all being in injury time and it looking like we were about to be outright robbed again.

so yeah, I was pretty ****ing angry!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I put a 10er on 2 - 2 on 85mins, after the red I turned to the misses and said here we go..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

My prediction was Grealish on 88. He always scores against us.

So resigned when the penalty was given. Ecstatic when it was overturned.

I hope Grealish burst a blood vessel. Good player but simulation king.

I was bloody furious that we had let a winning position slip yet again when the pen was awarded.....but, when it was slowed down on replay and ref went to monitor then, I thought he had to overturn it. Obviously, you still don't know if he would and I was just praying for a few seconds and my prayers were answered....😊😊

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Like many others I was just too stunned to be angry, couldn't believe that we'd somehow ****ed it up again. On first viewing I thought it was a pen but as soon as I saw the replay it was clear that it wasn't.... still didn't trust the ref to overturn it but, well done him!

I'm still buzzing from the win but we do need to work on game management and seeing games out. Too many of our players make unnecessary challenges, particularly in the box, and these days it's a pen waiting to happen. Much as I rate March, and he had a great game yesterday, he didn't need to make that challenge.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I was listening on the radio and couldn't believe it had happened again! I swore a lot then cheered when it was overturned.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’m 51 and almost burst into tears, it’s pathetic!!!
Then when I saw the replay I went nuts, proper air blue, wife not impressed!
Once it was overturned I went into the garden as I just couldn’t watch the end, even more pathetic!!!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
As angry as I've been in a while.

It was the culmination of the previous few minutes. Trezeguet elbowing Veltman in the throat and not only not getting sent off but not even booked. Grealish having the temerity to rush over and forcibly pick up Veltman and accuse him of diving/exaggerating. Grealish then promptly getting Lamptey sent off and then from the free kick Trezeguet going down like a ballerina who had been shot by a sniper(including going up on both of his tip toes like his feet had been taken form under him before whatever minimal contact was made) and the penalty being given. Oh, and it all being in injury time and it looking like we were about to be outright robbed again.

so yeah, I was pretty ****ing angry!

All of this.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
What I want to know is, once the ref had decided that it wasn't a penalty why wasn't Trezeguet then booked for so obviously trying to con the referee?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m 51 and almost burst into tears, it’s pathetic!!!
Then when I saw the replay I went nuts, proper air blue, wife not impressed!
Once it was overturned I went into the garden as I just couldn’t watch the end, even more pathetic!!!

Not really, we have had so many extra time incidents that went against us, I am almost expecting the worst every game as we go into injury time. As said elsewhere I was still angry about what went on in those last few minutes, even after we’d won. Now THAT is pathetic!!

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
I spat my dummy out. Turned the game off in a massively depressed huff. 20 mins later realised we had won and promptly put my dummy back in my mouth. All was well. UTA.

:bhasign:

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Knew it was coming, Villa have re defined cheating. 5 to go, just assumed equaliser was coming. Either from Grealish if he managed to stay buoyant or a clear dive leading to pen. Brave of the ref to overturn it, fair play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here