Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just had to go to the Goldstone retail Park....

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
sullyupthewing said:
That is bad. you will have to serve a penance (sp.)
My wife ordered some furniture from DFS at the Goldstone, I rang them and cancelled it.

Can someone point out to me what they plan to achieve by not shopping there?

It's not like it's going to bring back the Goldstone is it?

If you can't bring yourself to set foot on the site again then fair enough but cancelling furniture because the shop was built on the site??? Would you have cancelled the order if the it had been made from another DFS store?

A more constructive protest would be to continue to boycott Focus and refuse to vote Lib Dem until they sever all ties with Bellotti.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
good post Arthur . . .someone else without cheap scrathced lenses in their rose tinted spectacles.

what is to be gained . . .nothing, If you'd gone to Focus DIY on the otherhand . . .now that is a sin.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Is DFS on the site then? I thought it was over the road? Or is that Furniture village?

I won't shop there. Not because I think it will bring the Goldstone back but because it's the principle. Shopping there is like saying. Ok we've lost our home but hey, aren't these shops conveiniant!

I draw the line at not driving past the place, that is ridiculous IMHO. Especially if you have friends that live on Sacville rd.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you want to stand on a queue in DFS on the spot where Stuart Storer scored that goal against Doncaster or Where Peter Ward scored the first goal against Derby in the league cup or where Case scored the winner against Norwich in the FA Cup thats fine.

Me I'd rather deep fry my testicles and eat them with some chips and HP sauce thank you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Arthur said:
Can someone point out to me what they plan to achieve by not shopping there?

It's not like it's going to bring back the Goldstone is it?

If you can't bring yourself to set foot on the site again then fair enough but cancelling furniture because the shop was built on the site??? Would you have cancelled the order if the it had been made from another DFS store?

A more constructive protest would be to continue to boycott Focus and refuse to vote Lib Dem until they sever all ties with Bellotti.

This is very true but doesn't take into account the illogical reasons
of just not being able to go to what is now a multi coloured shit hole. Using the same logic why should I support a team that struggles along being kicked and used and plays at a converted athletics stadium. I could go and watch a higher division team in a state of the art stadium, where I could bowl up on a whim and be guaranteed a ticket and be surrounded by ex Albion at Reading .... :sick:

Just joking btw

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I dont shop their because all the shops are shit and none of them cater for my superior taste and style.

Gareth . . .if the club shop was there would you use it ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There more chance of Saddam Hussein and George Bush having a homosexual affair which will be shown on the internet live at $ 9.99 a time than the Albion having their club shop there.

Get a grip man !.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
he he . . .good response . . . . .what I'm trying to say is your wasting your time and breath by boycotting the place and slating it . . .no one there has or had any doings in why the grounds not there, I bet people would shop there if we'd had a new ground to go to, equally there'd be people who refused to, and refuse to go to a new ground even though the Goldstone was a delapidated wreck by mid 80's standards (and certainly not the only one !!!) let alone when it was pulled down.

the emotional ties to the place are a completely different thing, and thats what most people seem to have trouble with dealing with

Indefatigable

Mar 23, 2004
I hope you feel bad about shopping there. If the Club were stupid enough to put their shop there they would get a lot less business.

It is not intended to achieve anything, just one of those actions that would make me feel less about myself.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
I've never been back there, never seen the site of the old Goldstone, although I've lived in Brighton all this time.

Ridiculous, illogical, nothing at all to do with practicalities, but I just couldn't face seeing the place. Don't feel the need to defend this, though: it's just the way it is.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
u'll never catch me in that bloody place any albion fan who steps foot in there should be disgusted with themselves!!

Lolly

Jan 16, 2004
Earley, actually
Seagull's Return said:
I've never been back there, never seen the site of the old Goldstone, although I've lived in Brighton all this time.

Ridiculous, illogical, nothing at all to do with practicalities, but I just couldn't face seeing the place. Don't feel the need to defend this, though: it's just the way it is.

I agree. If i still lived in Brighton I wouldn't be shopping there, and would be surprised at any Albion fan who would be happy to do so. However, not everyone will feel the same and whether you'd shop there or not is a personal thing and not a case of right/wrong (apart from Focus naturally).

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Gunter, I absolutely refuse to believe there was an item that was only stocked in one branch of one shop anywhere in the world.

All it would have taken to find it elsewhere would have been a bit of effort, and how did you know it was there in the first place?

I'm sure at the time of the Goldstone being sold, albion fans collectively promised never to set foot in whatever shop was built on the site, as a deterrent to any business, looking to locate there, thus hopefully scupperring the deal and saving the goldstone.

GUNTER said:
:(

Had no choice. It was my boy's birthday present and I couldn't get it anywhere else.

Whilst in the queue, I thought about Clive Walker's silky skills up and down the area in which I was standing, Peter Smith's gangly runs up the wing, Steve Penney whipping in perfect crosses and Michael Robinson in his heyday.

Ahh, how I miss the Goldstone. :cry:
i drove to toys r us in croydon ,so why couldn't you,shocking,i must go and lie down:nono:

What really pissed me off was that bastard Bellotti giving details of former Goldstone season ticket holders to DFS. Periodically, I still get junk mail for their shit furniture. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here