Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just had to go to the Goldstone retail Park....

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
:(

Had no choice. It was my boy's birthday present and I couldn't get it anywhere else.

Whilst in the queue, I thought about Clive Walker's silky skills up and down the area in which I was standing, Peter Smith's gangly runs up the wing, Steve Penney whipping in perfect crosses and Michael Robinson in his heyday.

Ahh, how I miss the Goldstone. :cry:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
You know what .... I have NEVER been there (could have something to do with living 400 miles away).
Last time I was back in good ol' sussex I drove past and couldn't even bare to look ....
Yet 35 years ago the highlight of Double Games was that our cross country runs usually took us within sight of the Goldstone ...
so very sad

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Possibly a sad and pathetic stance ,but I will NEVER set foot on what was the Goldstone again. I know plenty of Albion fans who have shopped there, normally because of the Toys r Us and I haven't forgiven any of them yet :nono: not that they care :(

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Lush said:
:nono: :nono: :nono:

It's bad enough when a cab driver takes you past (I close my eyes) but to shop there! My kids would either have to do without or I'd get it off the internet.
You can always tell the driver to go a different way. You'd have to pay extra of course, unless it was my taxi.

String him up.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I swear, every driving lesson I've had has taken me past there. Not only that, I stalled every time trying to start uphill at the traffic lights at the northeast corner of the ground. I told the driving instructor that, being an Albion fan, it was fate. "How come you stall everywhere else too?" he replied.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
theyre f***ing shops FFS. . . .the shop owners have nothing to do with any of the Goldstone milarkey, why does everybody still have this pathetic disdain for them ???

If you shop in DFS you need help . . .some of the shytest furniture ever made, apart from the signature range of 'Whitehawk white leatherette sofas' pure class :lolol:

I do wholeheartedly agree that driving/travelling past the place is upsetting and makes me angry, but life goes on, get over it !

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Right that'll be 50 Hail Wardys' for sinning on the once hallowed turf.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
zefarelly said:
If you shop in DFS you need help . . .some of the shytest furniture ever made, apart from the signature range of 'Whitehawk white leatherette sofas' pure class :lolol:
DFS are wankers anyway ,even before they had a store on the Goldstone

Lolly

Jan 16, 2004
Earley, actually
:nono:

Poor you - only been past once, just after it was taken taken down - never again

:(

If I were you I'd use the internet next time!!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The tragedy is that you'll have to go back there anyway. No decent child would want to accept any gift that came from such a dispicable location so you'll have to get a refund.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats unforgivable.

I honestly would not go in there is someone offered to pay me £ 1000.

Poor form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here