Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got home from Tranmere

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Kuipers should have known better to make a howler like he did and Andy whings sending off was harsh. That game had 0-0 draw written all over it but as usual we made some hickups and they took advantage.

Revell would be my man of the match as he was working his socks off today

Yoda

English & European
Back as well.

Formation seemed to be 4-1-2-1-2 with Bas behind the front two.

He's my ratings:

Kuipers - Left exposed for the first goal, no mans land for the second. Apart from that, very good game. - 7
Rents - Poor all game, mind wandering for the first goal and gave to ball away too much. (Especially in the 2nd half) - 5
Butters - Won a lot of balls in the air, typical tank performance. - 7
Elphick - Not a assured as last week. - 6
Whing - Not sure what the first booking was for, so unlucky to be sent off. The second goal came down that side in the gap vacated after the red. Did well going forward. - 6
El Abd - Woeful, gave the ball away far to cheaply, even more than Rents. - 4
Hammond - Have to wonder if the gash on his knee was holding him back. Still put in a lot of work though. - 6
Cox - Started brightly, but started to fade in the 2nd and then started getting stroppy. - 5
Savage - Lot of hard work in the first half as the forward prong of the midfield diamond. Won the ball more than El Abd did and made a few good runs. - 7
Forster - Linked up well with Bas & Rev in the first half, didn't do much at all in the second. - 5
Revell - Another tireless performance - 7

Sub

Elder - First touch was a shot on target. If the ball would have dropped kinder on one of the other scrambles, he could have got an equaliser. - 7

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
We played ok but still didn't create many clear cut chances even though we had probably more possession than them. Tranmere had a few chances that FDM did well to save but I thought the game was heading for a 0-0 draw till they sliced through our defence like it wasn't there to get the first goal.

The second goal was really just because we'd pushed everyone up to try and get an equaliser, their guy scored from 30 yards or so as he spotted FDM off his line. Whing's sending off looked quite soft, a second bookable offence, which just about summed the day up.

Disappointing turnout from the Albion fans too, probably only 400 or so, quite quiet as well, though we didn't exactly have much to cheer about.

My man of the match was FDM, he kept us in the match with 2 or 3 very good saves. Nobody else really stood out for me at all today though.

Ratings:
Kuipers 8 - Several good saves
Rents 6 - Did ok
Whing 6 - A few good tackles
Elphick 6 - Quite a solid game
Butters 7 - Nearly scored with a great header
El-Abd 6 - Won a few good tackles but then didn't do anything with the ball
Hammond 6 - Average game
Cox 5 - Seems to have lost his touch at the moment
Revell 6 - Lot of running as per normal but didn't come to much
Forster 5 - Seemed to be carrying an injury for some time before he went off (Elder 7 - some good touches in the short time he was on the pitch)
Savage 7 - A few good touches and decent runs

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I had this written all over as 0-0.

Not at all negative,and my Southend ticket has arrived.

Fundamentally right. The first half was pretty good, but without any great cutting edge. The second half saw us let them play a bit, they gained confidence (which was clearly lacking in the first half), and started to play a bit too. We played some very nice football in parts - it's my first game of the season, and after hearing all the negativity on here about the earlier games I was pleasantly surprised.

Whing's sending off was ridiculous - the first yellow was a travesty, and the second was pretty soft. The second goal can easily be attributed to the gaping hole he left on the right (the first resulted from a good break).

I reserve my comments in the case of El-Abd. He was just shit.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Just got back and im not impressed. We played well in parts and probably shaded the first half, but the second was a different story. It was allways on the cards for them to score. WTF was kuipers up to on their second goal? (a certain other keeper would have been slaughtered on here). Shame because up till then, he had a good game. We have to stop the rot and fast. If we fail to take at least 4 points from the next two back to back home games then Its Worrying time!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
kuipers - made a couple of good saves 7
rents - apart from letting the ball over for the 1st goal i thought he did ok 6
whing - ok 6
butts - showed he can still do it 7
elphick - overshadowed by butters today 6
cox - couple of decent touches but wasted to many good oppotunities 5
el abd - he is no midfielder,just cant pass 5
hammond - beats me why he doesn't just shot ! does what he does 6
bas - thought he had a decent game,couldnt decide where he was playing but looked lively and defended well at times to
revell - worked hard with out oing a great deal 6
forster - needs some service 6

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought we were pretty woeful. Only looked like scoring from set pieces (Tank in the first half, Elder in the second). No width, no crosses, apart from aimless hoofs from ten yards into Tranny's half, no balls to feet for the strikers, it was all over their heads.

FDM 7.5: Some excellent saves in the second half, still wearing banana boots when kicking.
Whing 6: Unlucky to be sent off, the first yellow was ridiculous, the second was fair.
Rents 7: Looked composed, got forwards on occasions
Elphick6: Fine clearing the ball, a danger when trying to pass it to an Albion shirt
Butters 7: Tanktastic
Hammond 5: Not a left sided player IMO
Cox 5.5: Has not progressed in the last 6 months as we would have hoped. However, that in no way justifies the abuse he was subject to from one of our 'fans' in an England shirt for the full 90 minutes.
El Abd: 6: Broke up some attacks, but no idea how to assist the front line with either ball or prescence
Revell 6: Ran a lot, won quite a few balls in the air, but no direction
Savage 4: Neither a striker nor a midfield player, poor in the air for a big bloke
Forster: Looked neat and tidy, must be wondering what he has let himself in for though

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
FDM 8 Two of his saves even had the Tranmere fans applauding.
Whing 7 Always available and hence our forward movement came up the right.
Rents 7 Well worth his place in the side
Elphick 7 I forget he's new. Looks the part
Butters 7 Solid at the back and came the closest to scoring
Hammond 5 The Midfield today were bloody awful
Cox 5 Rovers looked worried about him for five minutes - and then they sussed him out and that was that
El Abject 3 Three points for the three good touches and passes he made all afternoon. Wilkins must have been able to see he was having a nightmare, but no sub.
Revell 6 Willing but unable to make any impact
Savage 7 Best player on the park in the first half, but changed his boots at half time and did nothing in the second half.
Forster 6 I have yet to see anything to justify £75,000

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here