Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got home from Huddersfield

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Firstly I'm going to say well done to 'The Judge' and those stood around him for their fantastic atmosphere they created this afternoon. Was great to hear a good 5 minute rendition of Gus Poyet's blue and white army :clap2:

Secondly on to the game, 2-1 flattered Huddersfield. We could and probably should have scored 4 or 5 this afternoon but the 3 points are all that really matter. Was quite worried ahead of kick-off reading that Painter was starting - he did a fantastic job this afternoon, like the player he was 2 seasons ago so credit fully to him. Brezovan didn't really have much of note to do, caught a few crosses but his balls-up at the end clearly shows why Poyet wanted a new number 1 in the summer - I wouldn't be confident if he had a string of games in the starting eleven so hopefully Kuszczak is ok.

Will Buckley today was fantastic, should have had a hat-trick at the end but not to be. No idea how the first goal was and we only knew we'd scored when the players ran away celebrating. Buckley's second was great skill and determination - no other player in our squad would have scored the way he did.

Great away performance.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Didn't go to the game, but the commentators were saying Brez punched or attempted to punch virtually every time a high ball came in, when, in their opinion with his size he should have caught it.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Didn't go to the game, but the commentators were saying Brez punched or attempted to punch virtually every time a high ball came in, when, in their opinion with his size he should have caught it.

Can only remember once when he punched the ball away when he should have caught it, from which they got another corner.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree the result probably should have been 1-3 and might easily have been 1-5 to The Albion. Three excellent chances in the 2nd half with Buckley very close to that hat-trick, but for two good saves by their keeper. At times Buckley was unplayable. There was a spell 2nd half when we sprayed the ball around beautifully and more goals would surely come, Hudders fans were already starting to walk out.

Painter did pretty well and got badly clattered a couple of times. Before we get too carried away Hudders had no one with real pace to give him a hard time.

Brezovan's performance reminded me of so many games last season when his shaky handling undermined the confidence of our defenders. We were fortunate that Hudders didn't give him more work to do. Listening to their fans leaving the ground many were very unhappy at their team but had the good grace to admit Buckley was superb. However their biggest moan was about 'Brighton's dodgy keeper' and they couldn't understand why Hudders hadn't peppered Brez with more shots and crosses.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
On the Huddersfield forum it's all the typical northern bitterness of "We should've had at least FIVE AND A HALF THOUSAND penalties", "t'Ref was shite", "BUM BANDITS", "Cheating bastards", "Poyet makes me sick", etc, etc.

:lolol:

Oh, and even claiming that they were the better team! :laugh:

Nov 15, 2012
On the Huddersfield forum it's all the typical northern bitterness of "We should've had at least FIVE AND A HALF THOUSAND penalties", "t'Ref was shite", "BUM BANDITS", "Cheating bastards", "Poyet makes me sick", etc, etc.

:lolol:

Oh, and even claiming that they were the better team! :laugh:

No Beckford. No Vaughan. #Justsaying :thumbsup:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

How does that old saying go? You can only beat what's in front of you. Didn't see you lot pointing out no Rooney, no Giggs etc etc when you beat Man Utd in the Carling Cup! Your lot just carried on wanking over your biggest ever victory.

Nov 15, 2012
How does that old saying go? You can only beat what's in front of you. Didn't see you lot pointing out no Rooney, no Giggs etc etc when you beat Man Utd in the Carling Cup! Your lot just carried on wanking over your biggest ever victory.

Biggest ever victory? Come on mate, it wasn't even our biggest win last season, we all know what that was! FFS MURRAY! :thumbsup:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Biggest ever victory? Come on mate, it wasn't even our biggest win last season, we all know what that was! FFS MURRAY! :thumbsup:

Didn't mean in terms of goals scored, more stature of the game. That said, really looking forward to the 1st. Gonna be two excellent games against you this season. Will be interesting to see if Glenda celebrates if he scores.

Nov 15, 2012
Didn't mean in terms of goals scored, more stature of the game. That said, really looking forward to the 1st. Gonna be two excellent games against you this season. Will be interesting to see if Glenda celebrates if he scores.

Doubt it, he held back at the Amex last season despite 95 minutes of booing.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Firstly I'm going to say well done to 'The Judge' and those stood around him for their fantastic atmosphere they created this afternoon. Was great to hear a good 5 minute rendition of Gus Poyet's blue and white army :clap2:

Great atmosphere there today. SBTS was great and we even got the to sing more than one verse. Things are looking up.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Beckford, I'll give you, although I'm more than content that his loss was more than equalled by the loss of three of our regular back five.

But Vaughan is a walking injury, he's about as likely to play as Vicente, so frankly it's neither a surprise nor a great loss to Huddersfield that he didn't make it today.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can I expect them back in 2 weeks? To be honest I'd prefer to beat your best X1 as I'm sure you would ours.

I would love our best 11 with Vicente but sadly it won't happen.no excuses like...

Nov 15, 2012
Do we have to have palace twats on threads like this?

I'm going, don't worry, don't wish to turn this into another Albion vs Palace thread, will stick to the one's on here already! Just couldn't resist the dig about there strikeforce and I do have a point don't I? ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here