Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got back

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
And what a total SHAMBLES that was, well the 2nd half anyway.

From what i saw, the first half we were the better team before the sending off. Passed the ball well and Dickinson took his goal superbly. The only other positivie was the penalty save.

Now onto the negatives.

Adam El Abd, what he is doing on a football pitch god only knows, totally inept. Cost us the game with his pass to Huddersfields forward, making Kuipers give away the penalty (was it a dive or genuine pen? couldn't see from where i was) and getting him sent off, needless to say El Abd and Kuipers won't be sitting next to eachother on the coach home.

From that moment on we were simply outclassed in every department, although the 1 man disadvantage clearly showed.

Superb support as usual from the 407 who made the trip, singing till the end and outsung the Huddersfield fans. Sing when your drumming!

Oh well, see you at Millwall:albion2:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I was there too, it was'nt as bad as it siunds but it does make me sad that a team that good needs a drummer before they can sing, and we he went to the bog they all shut up aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Agree with Renns, I walked out at 5-1 to go and have a beer, maybe a bad fan, but only the 2nd time in 45 years i have done it. I just could not watch it any more, The goals going in, The Ref and El Abd, he is not a footballer, he again costed us a game, when we were on top. Huddersfield were there for the taking in the first half and El Abd gave them the game. I know some people will say who else can we play there with Jim and Jake out, but how about Douglas Barder, Sandy Richardson or Proffesor Hawkins or my Gran who could all do a better job than this donkey. He is the worst player I have seen in a Brighton shirt in 45 years of supporting the club and I have seen some crap. I hope Slade looks at the DVD and sees the facts.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
It does seem strange that we paid $150k (allegedly) for Tunnicliffe, but El-abd starts ahead of him?

It seems very strange that for all the signings we've made we are still playing the spine of a team from last year. 7 out of the starting 11 last night were from last years shocking squad (The entire back 5!!!!!). We've signed 10 since then so why aren't they starting ?.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Here is my take on things.....

First half we actually played OK, the one upfront didnt work, but we kept pocession well in defence and midfield. The problem though was after 6,7,8 passes, the ball went back to one of the defenders, who then aimed long high balls to Dickinson, who very rarely won an aerial challenge. When he did, he flicked the ball on, and no one was there to get the second ball.

Dickinson's goal was a lot like that Wigan goal at Villa (Rodellega?). Will probably win goal of the season. Looks like he got injured too, so Saturday could be interesting if only Forster is fit

Our only other move of the half (at 2-1 down) saw some great quick passing and moving, and finished with McLeod trying a ridiculous long range effort which was tipped over

As for the penalty. Penalty it was, although Novak completely dived and made a meal of it. Kuipers will get a long ban for firstly pushing a few players about (including our own) then screaming in the refs face, and then refusing to leave the pitch for a good two minutes.

Smith made a hero of himself by picking the ball up off the penalty spot and walking into the goal with it whilst applauding the Brighton fans. He actually played OK too, and only could have done something about Drinkwaters goals, even though that was the luck of the bounce and our defenders.

El Abd should not play for Brighton again, he was shocking and I knew it was going to be bad right from their first attempt at an attack and he backed off for a good 20 yards before being skinned by their winger. The back pass was suicidal, and he was at fault for a couple more goals. He ranks up there with Ravi Bopara in the inept sportsman stakes.

The goals, were a blur, and the fans were laughing at the collapse infront of us. There was no point in getting angry. There were people lining up to take photos of the scoreboard, as the 6th and 7th went in.

They should have scored at least 10, missing a penalty, missing at least 2 sitters and hitting the post and the bar.

One to forget, but at least the fans kept singing, and were in good spirits

GLENN MURRAY WAS A f***ing DISGRACE, HE DIDNT CLAP THE FANS AT THE FINAL WHISTLE :RANT:

oh and I cannot wait for HTFC Worlds take on this

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, but anyone who blames the referee for that defeat is completely deluded.

Kuipers quite clearly brought Novak down- OK the striker probably played for it but what striker wouldn't? I'd certainly expect ours to do the same in the circumstances. It was a foul, no question, and as a clear goalscoring opportunity, the red card was only a matter of time. What was more embarrassing was Kuipers reaction. The only person he should have been having a go at was El Abd, who sold him embarrassingly short with the backpass.

The second penalty, although we were up the other end of the ground, also looked pretty obvious to me.

I dare say there were a couple of annoying if insignificant decisions against us, but you'd expect that when you're playing as badly as we did.

Anyone who wants to have a go at the officials for this defeat is seriously letting the majority of the team off the hook.

Belvoir Terrier

Apr 26, 2009
Last Night

I posted on here last season after the 2-2 draw at the Galpharm as I was very impressed with the Brighton fans in their support of Andy Booth and the performance of the Brighton team. I thought for the first 20-25 minutes Brighton were on top and Dickinson always looked a threat. Town were slow to get out of the traps last night but then their true quality and class started to show after the first goal:clap:. Kuipers reaction was disgraceful when the penalty was given. After Towns first goal the game turned. Even after Dickos superb equaliser, Town scored again within a minute and never looked back.As I said last season, Brighton are better than their present position would suggest. Play someone up front with Dicko and you will be more potent and Dicko will score you goals. Good luck for the rest of the season apart from the return fixture against Town. You were destroyed last night by a young,fit, hungry and talented side, but I can see other sides suffering a similar fate this season hopefully. Town have spent wisely over the summer and have assembled a quality side, miles better than the squad we had last year. Lee Clark and his staff must be one of the best there is.Great support form those who travelled last night from the south coast, keep the faith guys.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I was thrilled with our first half performance, really bodes well for the future. Nothing went our way in the 2nd half and it was just one of those nights where everything went for them.

I hope the players heads don't drop because there was still plenty of positives to take and we can still make a very good challenge this season. Look at Gillingham as an example who lost 6-0 away at Shrewsbury last season and then proceeded to beat them in the play-off final.

No panic, lets stick right behind Russell and the boys.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have to say I'm going to put this down to just one of those nights. It doesn't mean we're certainties to be relegated, any more than it means Huddersfield are promoted already.

Sometimes everything just falls into place for a team to give someone a spanking, and last night it was us. I'd like to think it will be a watershed, rather than an indication of how bad our season's going to be. Thought Huddersfield looked a tidy side, up front at least they appear to have signed most of the decent strikers available at this level. Not so sure their defence will hold up against a team that has a bit of fight in it, but maybe they won't need to.

Put it this way, things can't get any worse, can they? I shall take the positives out of this, principally that somehow we didn't actually concede double figures, which it could easily have been, trust me, and....er....that the fans sung quite a bit....and....er...that Jamie Smith looked fairly impressive before being replaced to bring Graeme Smith on for Kuipers...no, that's it.

Onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Put it this way, things can't get any worse, can they? I shall take the positives out of this, principally that somehow we didn't actually concede double figures, which it could easily have been, trust me, and....er....that the fans sung quite a bit....and....er...that Jamie Smith looked fairly impressive before being replaced to bring Graeme Smith on for Kuipers...no, that's it.

Onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

Another positive:

You forgot we HAVE now scored a goal!! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here