Revell - 7
Hart - 7
Robinson - 6

Cox - 7
Frutos - 6

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Would like to see the pen again, guy seemed to go down very easily. We played some really good stuff and to be honest it could have gone either way. I thought Reidy had a brilliant game at right back, quality stuff.

D

Deleted member 2719

Turkey said:
Henderson - 7

Reid - 7
El-Abd - 6
Lynch - 7
Mayo - 7

Carpenter - 7
Hammond - 6
Stokes - 6

Revell - 7
Hart - 7
Robinson - 6

Cox - 7
Frutos - 6

Interesting Marks:

Mayo 7
Joint top score Judging by remarks on here it should be a 4.

Who's right?

???

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Mouldy Boots said:
Interesting Marks:

Mayo 7
Joint top score Judging by remarks on here it should be a 4.

Who's right?

???

I said Mayo was poor after the Brentford game.

However he wasn't today. He made some good tackles, won us some goal kicks by kicking it into the strikers legs etc. He made the odd bad pass, which everyone leaps on, but no worse than anyone else. I thought he had a good game. Second goal wasn't his fault at all. You cant magically block every cross. Hammond was the first culprit in their 2nd because after Frutos had his shot blocked Hammond didn't sprint back, his man got the ball and they want on too score. He left us short.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Right my overall thoughts.

Can't believe we lost - we were playing so well, passing it about brilliantly. Que chants of "Its just like watching Brazil".

We lacked a target man and a lot of crosses didnt find anyone but we passed it about very well and dominated a lot of the game.

Reid supported the front players superbly and made an amazing goal line clearance.

Revell was superb. He and Harty are doing a fantastic job for us because they do all the dirty work. They chase down the defenders non-stop and provide a first line of defence. You'd never see Leon do that!!

If Forest are the benchmark, we have nothing to fear and we're gonna be up there this season and in with a shout.

Well played and unlucky lads.

modell

Sep 13, 2005
Brighton
Never been to Forrest before. Big ground next to the river. Compared to Rotherham it was paradise. Seemed like about 1500 Albion squished into lower terrace. Chant of the day: "Robin Hood, is a wanker!" Usual stewarding bollocks but seemed to leave us alone in the 2nd half. Hendo had a good un, Reid was brilliant dribbling up the right, Revell and Hart both worked hard but we need somone in the box, Hammond needs go-faster stripes cos hes so slow in the blue and white, Stokes wasnt in the game. We nearly nicked a point at the end. Teen chavs from either side squared up on the way back to the station but the Police moved in. Their fans were quiet and outsung until their soft Pen. Overall we deserved a win and the luck will even itself out. Our passing was great (if a little toothless), but our young defense needs to learn to hold onto a lead if we're gonna challenge. We'll see em again in February...

D

Deleted member 2719

Turkey said:
I said Mayo was poor after the Brentford game.

However he wasn't today. He made some good tackles, won us some goal kicks by kicking it into the strikers legs etc. He made the odd bad pass, which everyone leaps on, but no worse than anyone else. I thought he had a good game. Second goal wasn't his fault at all. You cant magically block every cross. Hammond was the first culprit in their 2nd because after Frutos had his shot blocked Hammond didn't sprint back, his man got the ball and they want on too score. He left us short.

It's good to hear he had a better game today.

I think he should be okay or even good at this level.

Maybe he needs a bit extra speed training if that not to unfair.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just home from the game, thought that we bossed it for the first hour, Forest didn't create that much and to be honest looked very poor. The turning point was obviously their penalty, before which we had started to stroll the ball around the park, stringing together maybe 20 passes. This appeared to be rubbing their noses in the fact that we were winning 1-0 and they seemed unable to do anything about it, at which point they nicked the ball and immediately won a penalty. After that we just weren't at the races, save for a few breakaways in the last 5 minutes or so after Cox came onto the pitch.

In summary we paid the price for not burying Forest when we had total control of posession, nice build up play but poor crossing let us down, most times that a cross did come in there was nobody on the end of it. A couple of other points, I think Hendo was fouled during the move that led up to the clearance off the line, which may or may not have been over. Oh, and I was the person who stood up and replied all on my lonesome to the right/left side chant about 10 minutes before kick off, didn't have the heart to give it a go when challenged by the right to give us a song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here