Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got an Iphone...help required.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
My new Iphone has just arrived.

First problem is there is no manual included.

Second problem is ive put my sim card in (after about an hour of trying to work out how to put it in the f***ing phone),and even though i copied all my contacts onto my sim card,they havent come up on the new phone.

Can anybody tell me how to copy them onto the phone??

And while your at it,if your an Iphone expert do you forsee me having any other common problems in the next few hours/days? As i wont have computer access again until friday.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall

Second problem is ive put my sim card in (after about an hour of trying to work out how to put it in the f***ing phone),and even though i copied all my contacts onto my sim card,they havent come up on the new phone.

And while your at it,if your an Iphone expert do you forsee me having any other common problems in the next few hours/days? As i wont have computer access again until friday.

Are you apple or PC based?

The main annoying thing is you can not text an image as it is all about emails with the iphone, so set your email up tonight!

The reason there is no manual as Apple want you to visit the website for more tips and application downloads.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
it doesn't come with a manual fucktard

Bit unnecessary! I'm really pleased mine, am typing this message on it as we speak. Handy tip, if you want to save an image, press and hold on it... It is bloody stupid that it doesn't tell you how to put the sim card in. Had no probe copying my numbers though, I'm afraid!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
my mate has one............nothing but problems with it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar -> Scroll down -> Import SIM Contacts.

Word of advice, keep the firmware and iPhone software up to date (iTunes should do this automatically. 2.2 is the latest version of the software and it fixes as well as adds allot of things and quite a few of the newer apps in the app store require it).

Sync your contacts once first off locally as well as a web based service. If you are going to take up Apple's kind offer to trial MobileMe be warned if your trial runs out and you don't take up the service, if your phone still set up to sync over the air it will remove all your contacts (yes, I know, f***ing retarded). Worst still if you then pay to join to get them back they don't keep data from trial accounts!!

Also don't sync the phone with more than one machine unless you've configured iTunes correctly first as it will remove any apps it doesn't already know about and the only way to get them back is to get then from the app store again (you don't have to pay again - assuming you've logged in using the same account as the one you bought them from - just more of a pain in the arse).

Other than that have fun. Best phone I've ever owned by a country mile.

I can recommend:

Shazam
TV Plus
MyRail Lite
Super Monkey Ball
Maze Finger
HoldEm
21 Pro

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I know the early ones did not have the facility to to upload you contacts form the sim, but they sorted that, so should be no problem
Biggest problem with them is you cannot forward or copy texts,
Apart from that there great

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Word of advice, keep the firmware and iPhone software up to date (iTunes should do this automatically. 2.2 is the latest version of the software and it fixes as well as adds allot of things and quite a few of the newer apps in the app store require it).

Sync your contacts once first off locally as well as a web based service. If you are going to take up Apple's kind offer to trial MobileMe be warned if your trial runs out and you don't take up the service, if your phone still set up to sync over the air it will remove all your contacts (yes, I know, f***ing retarded). Worst still if you then pay to join to get them back they don't keep data from trial accounts!!

Also don't sync the phone with more than one machine unless you've configured iTunes correctly first as it will remove any apps it doesn't already know about and the only way to get them back is to get then from the app store again (you don't have to pay again - assuming you've logged in using the same account as the one you bought them from - just more of a pain in the arse).

I can recommend:

Shazam
TV Plus
MyRail Lite
Super Monkey Ball
Maze Finger
HoldEm
21 Pro

where do you get the games from, and are they free ?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
There is a full manual PDF on the Apple site and it may well be worth you going into a bookshop and purchasing one of the many third party iphone books. For about £7 you can really get the best out of the phone. Would agree useless camera but still has the wow factor and so easy to use compared to any other phone. Best prog for mine TV Plus. Makes it so easy to switch on and programme your Sky + Box direct from the iphone.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
From the App store (iTunes -> iTunes Store -> App Store) where you have to get all iPhone apps from (unless you've jailbroken your phone that is).

Some are free, some aren't.

I've not Jailbroken mine, but have not joined the apple store, so i'm buggered then :down:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
My first one was like that, signal kept dropping out, battery life no more that 6 hours etc, got it replaced after 4 weeks and this one has been faultless

Everyone was in the same boat. Like I said to the other fella, the software updates have fixed allot of issues. To start with my GPS wouldn't work and like you the battery wouldn't last a day.

Not really fussed about forwarding text messages myself, but copy and paste would be very useful (supposed to be coming).

Anyone jailbroken their phone? Good/Bad experiences?? Having read this today I'm quite tempted.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
What is MyRail Lite? Can't see to find it in the Store.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester

I can recommend:

Shazam
TV Plus
MyRail Lite
Super Monkey Ball
Maze Finger
HoldEm
21 Pro

You my friend,are a LEGEND!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What is MyRail Lite? Can't see to find it in the Store.

It's a fantastic App which shows depatures and arrivals from any train station in the UK. It also uses the the GPS to work out which stations are near by.

Hmmmmm had a look and can't find it now.

Google informs me:

My Rail Lite - Mac Forums

Bugger, cracking app and a must for anyone who uses trains.

iFooty is a must too despite having a shite name!

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
It's a fantastic App which shows depatures and arrivals from any train station in the UK. It also uses the the GPS to work out which stations are near by.

Hmmmmm had a look and can't find it now.

Google informs me:

My Rail Lite - Mac Forums

Bugger, cracking app and a must for anyone who uses trains.

iFooty is a must too despite having a shite name!

Thanks. It sounds great. I could use it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Congratulatons and welcome to the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here