Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got a summons to court, through the post

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Trouble is i go through those lights every day and you approach them (if theres not a 2 mile tail back)if they are green but what do you do?.You only need to be going the limit of 60 but would still have trouble stopping if they change just before you get there..Why is it every other bloody junction from dorking to worthing has a roundabout.

Just turn up, give an impassioned speech quoting Magna Carta and the European Human Rights Act about how you do not recognise the authority of the court to adjudicate these matters and walk out. Might work.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
BRIGHT ON Q said:
Trouble is i go through those lights every day and you approach them (if theres not a 2 mile tail back)if they are green but what do you do?.You only need to be going the limit of 60 but would still have trouble stopping if they change just before you get there..Why is it every other bloody junction from dorking to worthing has a roundabout.
exactly, i was at 60, not matter how much time before amber and red, for some reason its not enough at those bloody lights

Gully said:
Tell them that you sneezed as you were braking for the lights, it is an involuntary body action, they cannot prove otherwise. On the other hand, bend over and take your punishment like a man, at least that is what the headmaster said at school.

do you think if i did say i sneezed, it is a uncontrollable bodily function that i could get off?

maybe no :nono:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Get an interpreter,say you are an illegal immigrant from Togo( Ruritania,Kazakhstan or somesuch).

You'll get a new Mercedes,a council house,and full state benefits.

Say no to the council house unless its on Brighton and Hove's best estate......the Knoll.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Did you know that it's the AMBER light that means stop, AMBER means 'Stop' at the stopline. You may go on only if the AMBER appears after you have crossed the stop line or are so close to it that to pull up might cause an accident.

Highway code

Not a lot of people know that!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
brighton_b0y said:
wasn't speed, on the limit :down: the law sucks :angry:

I should give in gracefully. Look on it as one of life's lessons that unfortunately you have to pay for.

Incidentally if you weren't speeding and you still couldn't stop then its a case of driving without due care and attention - far more serious.??? ??? ???

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Kent Seagull said:
Did you know that it's the AMBER light that means stop, AMBER means 'Stop' at the stopline. You may go on only if the AMBER appears after you have crossed the stop line or are so close to it that to pull up might cause an accident.

Highway code

Well spotted:wave:

Anyway,what the points make?

Prizes:clap2:

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Sussex police are wankers, i got pulled when i had a moped. They gave me a £60 fine and 3 points(which gos on my full car licence)for not have a back "L" plate,(which some prick had nicked) I did pay the fine but then a few weeks later they tryed charging me another £30 for a late payment which was bollocks. I eventually got my £30 back after about 20 phones calls.
Pricks

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just tell them you were being chased by Dick Tight and didn't have time to stop after you called him a potless pillock. They'll realise that you're one of Ernest's crew and throw the charge out.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kent Seagull said:

Highway code

I was going to make that point, but he would only have called me a f***ing :tosser: twat. So I'll leave it open for you...

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
If you are still doing the MAXIMUM speed allowed as you approach a set of lights, you are taking a chance. If they hadn't changed, you would have got away with it. But they did change and you couldn't stop in time. So why all the whingeing? You gambled, you lost.

How long did it take your summons to come through? I cut a red light at Goldstone Retail Park about 2 weeks ago and the lights there have cameras. I'd actually stopped but I confused the filter light for green :lol: (I was stoned)

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
things to consider-

what was the speed limit?

were the conditions good (clear, dry road?)

was it you driving, and not someone whi has since left the country?

didnt you get a ticket first, b4 summons?

there should be notes with the sumons- i dont think you HAVE to attend, unless you feel you have a GOOD case. bear in mind the penalties may be higher, if you go, and lose.

see the C.A.B or similar (there's an advice centre in Queens Roadm Brighton- just before you get up to North Road..

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
danny! i ran the red light in July? so give it time mate ;)

desperateseagull, i cant remember the conditions etc, but know i didn't drive through the red light just passed the line a bit. i was within all the speed limits. They are just awkward lights. I mean Traffic light on a dual carrage way. I have never had a summons and dont have any points on my licence. So if i dont go what will happen?

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
How long did it take your summons to come through? I cut a red light at Goldstone Retail Park about 2 weeks ago and the lights there have cameras. I'd actually stopped but I confused the filter light for green :lol: (I was stoned)

Supposed to be with you within 14 days of the offence. Bear in mind most of the cameras do not have film in, only 1 in 8 have.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
withdeanwombat said:
Get an interpreter,say you are an illegal immigrant from Togo( Ruritania,Kazakhstan or somesuch).

You'll get a new Mercedes,a council house,and full state benefits.

Say no to the council house unless its on Brighton and Hove's best estate......the Knoll.

or you might get your head kicked in by some twats

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here