Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Wales. Thoughts.....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I do rate Blayney and would not mind him to sign, but do you think one of the reasons he looked so good last year was partly because of the crap that went before him and it was nice to have a average keeper rather than one that couldnt catch?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Blayney is just a bit rusty it takes a few games to get settled but he is a class act as he proved last season.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I thought we played well considering the loss of half the defence. Leon and Carole were superb but I have serious doubts about Oatway's future. His positioning was poor.
Blaney had a good game and didn't deserve the stick that the prick (behind me too) was dishing out.
I must admit that I was a bit aprehensive about going to Cardiff based on the stories but it was ok, no hassle and good fun.
I also got asked for ID on the gate but had nothing with my address on. When the guy said "where are you from" I said, whilst wearing my seagulls hat, "where does it sound like I'm from".

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The rustiness is certainly a big factor. I remember lots of posters having a go at Henderson at the start of the season for being 'dodgy' and not working well with the defence.

But also, I wonder if he's bothered by the fact that he's only going to be second choice (behind Henderson) for a permanent transfer?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The abuse of Blayney is bizarre. He's clearly a perfectly good Championship keeper and has proved it already.

It seems to be based purely on the fact that Henderson was in blinding form. I'll guess he'll be a twat too if he comes back and has a couple of tough games.

At this rate Blayney would be justified if he did "f*ck off back to Southampton" thinking Albion fans are a bunch of idiots.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
we got asked to prove if we were from brighton as well - bizare, never had to show driving license to get into a football match before

overall it was a good game. when the sides were announced, the general reaction was "shit, mcphee", but in actual fact he did very well up front. held the ball up, won headers, and looks like he may have developed some sort of basic touch. think he could be the answer to target man problems, only temporarily mind, as dont think he could carry it off week in week out

the injuries were a bugger, but el abd did well again at centre back. frutos at left back was bizarre, as he had been one of our most creative players. however, once cardiff took the lead then mcghee changed it, frutos went wide left, and kazim richards scored what appeared from the away end to be a scorcher

carole had a few good chances to win it late on, but every time he cut inside and shot at the near post, when pulling the ball across the keeper may have been a better option.

realistically we should of had 3 points, but to take anything at all from cardiff is a good result

the music was quality, arrived to "i'm coming out". blayney was a bit dodgy yesterday i felt, one qiuality save, but nearly cost us when he dropped the ball on the edge of the box, only for reid to clear off the line after a cardiff shot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here