Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Back From Transformers - WOW!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Despite the negative critcal reviews I went to see Transformers 2 - The Revenge of the Fallen in a 75% full Odean tonight.

The critical reviews were almost universally bad. Kermode ratched it up saying he hated, hated, hated it.

I thoroughly enjoyed Transformers 1 which was for me a damn good action film with where the art of special effects and CGI had the bar raised.

So I went with exectations fairly low after the critical bashing.

The film was absolutely f***ing SUPERB.

The action and pace of the film started with a 10 and rarely fell below 9. The action sequences and the special effects and CGI raised the bar even higher than Transformers. The story was decent enough for me. Its a cartoon action storyline after all. The story was well paced and made sense. All complete nonsense of course but anyone going to see Transformers about Aliens tranforming into machines and robots expecting a Shakespearean epic tale really need a reality check.

Shia Labeouff was following on from part 1 and did a perfectly reasonable job. Megan Fox did what she was there for , to be eye candy and to admire her looks , body and breasts. She did an acceptable acting role but eye candy was her role.

Sam's parents added a light munourous touch. There were many amusing moments and general good humor albeit it at a schoolboy level.

Optimus Prime was magnificent and the battles whcih came thick and fast were jaw dropping.

My partner loved it and stated it was one of the best action films ever seen and better than part 1. I would agree. As a Summer blockbuster action film it had it all and was even better than Transformers 1. Go into the cinema and leave your analytical brain at the door and take it for what it is and you will have a hoot. Its not everyone's cup of tea I am sure but it is mine and I f***ing LOVED it.

The critics and box office expected a decent start and to drop through bad word of mouth. The opposite has happned and good word of mouth has happened with people seeing it, loving it and spreading the word. The film has remained top of the box office for nearly 3 weeks here and in the USA taking nearly $ 600 000 000 in less than 3 weeks.

Judging by the reaction of the audience with cheers and clapping at the end the vast majority of the audience loved it.

Ingonre the critics this was excellent summer action blockbuster fare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here