Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Back From Transformers - WOW!

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
It doesn't dissapoint, Megan fox looks good as do the special effects, not bad for a sequel a lil too much comedy the whole way through - You see a transformers scrotum.......... but all in all a good sequel well worth watching!! :bowdown:

smellis

Sep 22, 2008
Ninfield, nr Battle
We're off to see it tonight - can't wait!!
It's like being 6 all over again!
The ads make it look better than the first one, I knew there would be a sequel as after the rolling titles from the first one it showed a very small glimpse, who i think most caught.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The first 11 reviews on imdb give it an average mark of 7.45

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
review i read said it was utter gash, pointless plot, too long.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The critics will not like it. They cannot get their heads around the concept that people liked to be entertained. Is guess it was a broadsheet that said it was gash. Daily Express gave it 2 stars but I eoected no more. Lermode will probably slate it this afternoon of tha I am sure as he is a pompous up his own arse prick , much like most movie critics.

I expect to see lots of f*** off massive robots kicking the shit out of each other for 2 and a half hours with some eye candy, a few laughs and special effects raising the bar to a new level.

I do not expect to have my brain challenged or expect any worthy oscar winning acting performance from Shia Labeouff.

I am sure Michael Bay will deliver some stand out set pieces and some heart pumping action. Thats what transformers is about which seems to have gone over the head of the critics. They are all tossers anyway who have achieved nothing and done nothing in their lives. The only critic I like is Roger Ebert.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The critics will not like it. They cannot get their heads around the concept that people liked to be entertained. Is guess it was a broadsheet that said it was gash. Daily Express gave it 2 stars but I eoected no more. Lermode will probably slate it this afternoon of tha I am sure as he is a pompous up his own arse prick , much like most movie critics.

I expect to see lots of f*** off massive robots kicking the shit out of each other for 2 and a half hours with some eye candy, a few laughs and special effects raising the bar to a new level.

I do not expect to have my brain challenged or expect any worthy oscar winning acting performance from Shia Labeouff.

I am sure Michael Bay will deliver some stand out set pieces and some heart pumping action. Thats what transformers is about which seems to have gone over the head of the critics. They are all tossers anyway who have achieved nothing and done nothing in their lives. The only critic I like is Roger Ebert.

I think a lot of american films get poor reviews because they insist on corny, cheesy one liners that are stupidly cringeworthy. Surely they could make a quality transformers film with all the effects, sparks and glamour without some arnie style one liners, robots going for a piss or one of their nads hanging out - bloody yanks ruin EVERYTHING.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought the Transformers having a piss in 1 was highly amusing so will no doubt find the Transformers Gonads in 2 absolutely hilarious but then I am very childish. The key is CHILL out and enjoy. Don't take it all so seriously. Its a 25 year old Japanese tale about robots from another planet which transform so its not really meant to be hi brow is it ?.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I for one will be DEEPLY disappointed if this film does not fully explore Bumblebee's difficult relationship issues with Optimus Prime. Handicapped by the ability to speak only through snatches of songs on his radio, Bumblebee has always struggled to be taken seriously by the other Autobots, and I spent the first movie just ACHING for Prime to throw a fender round Bumblebee's rear spoiler, take him to one side, and tell him that he is a much loved, valued member of the team. It never happened though, and this is one of the fundemental issues that was left completely unaddressed in the first movie. This rich emotional map needs chartering, and I only hope Optimus Prime steps up to the plate and gives us a heart and soul to the film that was sorely lacking last time.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I thought the Transformers having a piss in 1 was highly amusing so will no doubt find the Transformers Gonads in 2 absolutely hilarious but then I am very childish. The key is CHILL out and enjoy. Don't take it all so seriously. Its a 25 year old Japanese tale about robots from another planet which transform so its not really meant to be hi brow is it ?.

True. fair point.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Crikey Uncle, don't go sitting on the fence like that ! Have you dropped one of those pink pills Buzzer was on about ?

Kermode slated it as mindless, overlong loud dross and i'm probably going to agree with him and vote with my feet. Try Star Trek, more fun and less bum numbing and characters you can care about.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Crikey Uncle, don't go sitting on the fence like that ! Have you dropped one of those pink pills Buzzer was on about ?

Kermode slated it as mindless, overlong loud dross and i'm probably going to agree with him and vote with my feet. Try Star Trek, more fun and less bum numbing and characters you can care about.

Mark Kermode is a complete (unt who thinks he is so clever and funny. I have to turn the radio off when he comes on because I hate the twat so much. A shame really as I like to hear film reviews. Its also when Simon Mayo becomes intolarable as well.

PS 7.00 I said...................

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mark Kermode is a complete (unt who thinks he is so clever and funny. I have to turn the radio off when he comes on because I hate the twat so much. A shame really as I like to hear film reviews. Its also when Simon Mayo becomes intolarable as well.

PS 7.00 I said...................

listening to the last 3 overs of the 20/20 then on my way

P.S. Kermode is not a complete (unt , just passionate

Spoon

May 31, 2009
Same, and it was long but brilliant!
Great music - Green Day, Staind, Nickelback, The Fray, Linkin Park, etc :p
And of course.. MEGAN FOX. (L)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Kermode HATED HATED HATED HATED it :yahoo: and the film reviewer in the Guardian hated it also giving it 1 star :yahoo:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Kermode is a pompous overblown prick. He admitted before he started his rant that he calls Bay, Damien. His attachs were personal and he obviously decide to slate it even before he walked into the cinema. I don't really give a shit what Kermode thinks and will watch is glee and amusement when it notches up over $ 600 000 000 at the box office just to piss him off.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
These writers slate transformers saying how cheezy it is but i bet none of them have read any of the old comics or watched the old cartoons as kids, TRANSFORMERS = CHEEZY ADOLECENT FILM! Get over it :D So many epic fights and bumblebees trouble with speaking is addressed in the film! wan2 see it again in na few weeks!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Saw this last night and yes the effects are amazing, but to be honest I found it pretty boring. It's at least 40 mins too long and once you've seen 1 robot shoot another it just gets pretty tedious. The one redeeming feature was Megan Fox - she can't act but she looked damn hot. It didn't help that when we left I commented on that fact to my girlfriend who then claimed that was the only reason I took her....
My rating 3 out of 5

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Well I for one will be DEEPLY disappointed if this film does not fully explore Bumblebee's difficult relationship issues with Optimus Prime. Handicapped by the ability to speak only through snatches of songs on his radio, Bumblebee has always struggled to be taken seriously by the other Autobots, and I spent the first movie just ACHING for Prime to throw a fender round Bumblebee's rear spoiler, take him to one side, and tell him that he is a much loved, valued member of the team. It never happened though, and this is one of the fundemental issues that was left completely unaddressed in the first movie. This rich emotional map needs chartering, and I only hope Optimus Prime steps up to the plate and gives us a heart and soul to the film that was sorely lacking last time.

Bumblebee has his moment in this film and it is quality - I would just like to ad that I was the the Uk premiere on Monday and the lovely Megan was within fingering distance of me. I didn't, I do regret not trying now.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The general concensus of the reviews I have read is that the film is COMPLETE SHIT HOUSE. I am very dissapointed by this as I was looking forward to this film more than any of the Summer blockbusters. Some people call it the worst film of all time.

I do not think I will bother going now and may watch it when it comes out of dvd but this sort of film needs to be seen on a big screen.

Is this the typical slag something successful off or make a name for my self promoting self by giving the worst review possible, Kermode or are there any redeeming features to this film from anyone who has seen it ?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here