Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the match...

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
didnt think was that bad

we obviously went with the intention of spoling the match and got what we wanted maybe with a bit more luck might have nicked all 3

all in all i thought it was a decent days work but then you will never please some people
you seem to be in the minority of people that went here pal

think most people realise that swansea are a decent side although they didnt look it at times on saturday

wasn't a classic but we got a deserved point

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
you seem to be in the minority of people that went here pal

think most people realise that swansea are a decent side although they didnt look it at times on saturday

wasn't a classic but we got a deserved point

Yes on reflection I am probably setting my standards too high, a point at Swansea IS a good result (especially if you consider it was our first away point of the year)....

The consensus is that it was a good performance so I'm happy to go along with that, I don't go every week, probably only 10-15 games a season, and I thought we were better than that. If that is where we are at then so be it.:albion2:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Just back from the game. I saw the match from a different angle than other seagulls fans (from the directors box no less).

There were 282 travelling fans to be exact in the away supporters end, plus several others like me dotted around the ground.

I thought overall it was quite a poor game football wise. We were certainly set up to 'spoil' and play for a draw. How we didnt get several yellow cards for timewasting, as we did it right from the start.

Swansea came at us straight from the kickoff and looked threatening for the first ten minutes after that we settled and in fact should have scored quite an easy chance from a cross.

Bas Savage played on the right wing and to me looked totally lost out there and really didnt appear to put that much effort in to me.

Remainder of the first half was quite even with Brighton perhaps 'just' having the better chances, Just!

Second half they came at us and really should have scored at least one although their finishing was bad. The on loan spaniard looked good but then faded badly, as did Cox.

Wilkins was in the dugout but didnt seem to have much input as to what was happening on the pitch, it was dean white who seemed to be doing all the directing.

Savage in my view should have been subbed halfway throught he second half as to me he looked disinterested however he did do well to get an effort in with 4 minutes to go that hit the bar.

Forster was subbed, a few minutes earlier he was arguing with the bench and really looked unhappy/fed up.

At the end of the day we got the point that we obviously came to get, but it was obvious , theres no way playing like that, that we are good enough to make a challange to be anywhere near the top of the table, i hope i'm wrong but i dont think so.

There was also a lack of director support as well only Dick Knight and Ken Brown were there or in the boardroom anyway.

I suppose a point away at Swansea is a good result but the way we got it was awful to be honest.

Finally if Falmer is as good as the liberty stadium both on the playing side and behind the scenes, then we will have a brilliant place to go and support 'The Seagulls'

Agree with all of that (although Bas's crossbar strike was a couple of mins into injury time, I believe). Think we needed the Jakey of "sub vs Southend" fame on Saturday.

P.S Didn't spot you at the ground, North Stand Nutter. Thought you'd be there but forgot to input your number onto my phone before leaving. :rolleyes::braders: Edit: Have just spotted your other post explaining where you were seated...that explains it! :eek:)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here