Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Excellent. Any fears i had that the weeks news would overshadow the game were misplaced. Surprised that dunk played but he was comfortable and controlled, bit out of position at times but good to see gus has that faith in him.

First half total domination with a fluke of a goal from buckley joyously celebrated on the terrace. Ref was totally on our side in the first 10 minutes allowing us to take control and we didn't let it go. Should have scored more but still guilty of trying to walk it in at times. Sparrow had an excellent first half playing the dicker role well and jfc very confident in possession. They were hopeless in midfield without boyd and mccann. Buckley and calderon murdered them down the right, just would like to see more bodies in the box, esp when cms has the ball.

Second half started the same but with little threat from either side. They struggled to get the ball off us, until about 70 mins when they made a double sub and the wind picked up. We dropped deep and the goal became inevitable, really from that point on there was only one side in it. It got very hard to play into a very strong headwind and buckley in particular was very deep, we lost our outlets. Lots of solid tackles from elabd and greer to keep it even. Cms needed support and the arrival of toby gave him that, his drive and pass freed up buckley for a gloriously celebrated late winner. Surges up and down the terrace, like north stand of old.

Special mention for great play all afternoon between elabd and barnes on the left, they combined very well in defence and barnes was very strong all day. Its probably time to stop calling him a striker and see him for what he is, a solid wide player in the mould of gary hart or dirk kuyt.

Overall, who thought there would be another nightmare on london road so soon?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Got a 5 hour drive there and seriously reconsidering going now. These allegations are going to overshadow everything, you can imagine the chants we'll get and can you really see our players being motivated for this. :shrug:

Excellent. Any fears i had that the weeks news would overshadow the game were misplaced. Surprised that dunk played but he was comfortable and controlled, bit out of position at times but good to see gus has that faith in him.

First half total domination with a fluke of a goal from buckley joyously celebrated on the terrace. Ref was totally on our side in the first 10 minutes allowing us to take control and we didn't let it go. Should have scored more but still guilty of trying to walk it in at times. Sparrow had an excellent first half playing the dicker role well and jfc very confident in possession. They were hopeless in midfield without boyd and mccann. Buckley and calderon murdered them down the right, just would like to see more bodies in the box, esp when cms has the ball.

Second half started the same but with little threat from either side. They struggled to get the ball off us, until about 70 mins when they made a double sub and the wind picked up. We dropped deep and the goal became inevitable, really from that point on there was only one side in it. It got very hard to play into a very strong headwind and buckley in particular was very deep, we lost our outlets. Lots of solid tackles from elabd and greer to keep it even. Cms needed support and the arrival of toby gave him that, his drive and pass freed up buckley for a gloriously celebrated late winner. Surges up and down the terrace, like north stand of old.

Special mention for great play all afternoon between elabd and barnes on the left, they combined very well in defence and barnes was very strong all day. Its probably time to stop calling him a striker and see him for what he is, a solid wide player in the mould of gary hart or dirk kuyt.

Overall, who thought there would be another nightmare on london road so soon?

Glad you went in the end I take it then?!

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
How many traveled?
i aint got a clue...But more than last season nothing was shouted over the tannoy
very good game well impressed with Caskey shows no nerves (don't need Vincente) and Tordy looks very prominsing too

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Saw a tweet from a Peterborough fan who said we took less to their place than they did to the Amex. Hard to believe.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Great peport K
It was a pleasure once again to be at London Road again. Whilst there was no repeat of 31/10/11 this was one of our most complete performances and showed signs of what we are best at. From a fans perspective you can sense when it's all going well and the meassage from the the terraces was FANTASTICO. A feelgood factor.The whole team were an a credit and Will Buckley simply did what he's good at and we hope he will do since Donny - definately MoM and must be one of our best ever strikers.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i couldn't fit in my (wooden) seat!!! enjoyed it though, it was an oddity of a day.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
i couldn't fit in my (wooden) seat!!! enjoyed it though, it was an oddity of a day.

Yeah same problem for me, Glad I wore jeans and not my skirt, had to sit with my legs apart. Would have looked lovely sitting there with the royal Albert halls hanging out ???

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Yeah same problem for me, Glad I wore jeans and not my skirt, had to sit with my legs apart. Would have looked lovely sitting there with the royal Albert halls hanging out ???

Charming...I had a spare seat so i just put my feet on the stairs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here