Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Strangely, the turning point seemed to be the El Abd injury. We were excellent in the second half. Saints looked real quality for the first 40 though. I reckon with that second half performance, we have turned the corner. Expect comfortable win on Sat.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Am I the only one to find it slightly ironic that you slag off Saints fans for saying they deserved to win despite Davies having a great game. Yet the majority of you have said Ankergren was immense?

I wasn't there tonight obviously, but some Brighton fans have developed such an arrogance over night it's unreal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Greer was immense and Dunk did well. El-Abd has a gash to his leg but not serious (probably needing stitches)

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
lets hope batti stays clear off the 1st tean for a while

Couldn't agree more. He was the reason we were so bad in the first half, off the pace, lightweight, poor tackles. We missed Sparrow and Bridcutt tonight big time. Sorry but Batti boy is just not up to it. Oh blazed a decent chance over the bar too...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Couldn't agree more. He was the reason we were so bad in the first half, off the pace, lightweight, poor tackles. We missed Sparrow and Bridcutt tonight big time. Sorry but Batti boy is just not up to it. Oh blazed a decent chance over the bar too...
He was rubbish as he has been most times he's played imo, but it's not fair to say he was the reason we were bad in the first half. They all gave the ball away far too easily, and this carried on in the second half to a lesser extent as well.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
didnt think we sang much tonight. but first half was tense.

I think we were almost stunned into silence in the first half at how much we were getting dominated!! We certainly weren't the loudest we've been but I really enjoyed the atmosphere in terms of how tense it was and the banter with the saints fans next to us who were pretty lively.

Ankergren was superb tonight, faultless. Hugely impressed with Dunk as well when he replaced ElAbd, and I thought we could've knicked it after Smith and especially Murray came on- Murray HAS to start against Colchester. Agree with what others have said about Batti too- not strong enough yet, I think tonights game will have been a real learning curve for him in terms of how physical and quick the English game can be.

Overall, gutted Wood missed the pen, but very happy with a point- thought we came back into the game brilliantly in the 2nd half and Soton ran out of ideas. We'll beat Colchester I'm sure!!! :albion1::albion1::albion1::rave:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Happy with the point. Good to see we got our swagger back in the second half now lets go on steamroller some mancs & crush colchester.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just got in....zzzzzzzzzzzzz..........First half we weren't in it, Batti had a shocker, not enough movement for our pass and MOVE possession football. Saints hassled and the ball kept being lost. Saints lively, Lambert not effective, Chamberlain very good at heading.

Second half much more even, Dunk played like a seasoned pro, Smith was an improvement on Batti, Murray was the best player on the pitch by a very very long way....WHY DIDN'T HE START GUS? Hope AEA is alright.

Pleased with a point......zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Night night :wave:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
They should have had a penalty...

0,,10280~9226177,00.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Very tidy result, frankly I don't understand why Murray wasn't there from the start, clearly our best striker and I get very bored with the constant petty sniping from a handful of posters. Defence did their job and SOuthampton have to face the fact that no matter how good they think they are they're not as good as us.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
What a picture!

Further enhances Calde's reputation as a LOVER and a FIGHTER!

That is now my desktop

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Both teams were at that sort of thing, from one of our corners late on their defender jumped and headed the ball away with both hands on Murray's shoulders, about 3 yards in front of the ref. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here