Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
We'll have to put together a decent firm to greet some of the new teams to Falmer if we get promoted. Can't have some cheeky northerners or fat cockneys coming down to our manor for the weekend and taking it over. When we get into the Champions league then those of us in retirement might dust off the passports and get the Albion a bit of extra respect on the international scene.

I love this guy

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
As long as we finish 5th from bottom or higher i couldn't care less until Falmer is complete then i expect and rightly so i believe that we win the title the following year and are in teh champions league within 5 years. Fair enough i take it we all agree.

Na'h , horse shit mate.

500 quid I've paid for a season ticket. f***ing miserable year if we are going to end up 5th from bottom.

In the grand scheme of things then yeah its all about Falmer but im f***ed if I want to turn out week in week out , getting pissed on for a campaign that would ultimately amount to 5 wins at home

Bollocks that and spoken by someone who only goes to a handful of games a season

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
My god i've never read such a poor one sided match report. As for the ref being a homer I couldn't disagree more.
I don't think there was any doubt about the sending off, two stupid late tackles within a few minutes and he deserved to walk. Wasn't quite sure why Slade took Dickinson off and left Forster on? I thought Dickinson was probably one of the best players on the pitch and was causing Danny Coles no end of problems. Forster didn't do anything for the entire time he was on the pitch.

Trollope the tosspot?? he's probably one of the best young managers in the lower league and has just come back from spending a few days at Ajax looking how they do things. I'd have him in charge over Slade every day of the week.

What pissed me off about Brighton was the time wasting. From the 2nd minute onwards every thrown in, goal kick, free kick they took the piss with. How the ref didn't book any of your players was unbeliveable, especially Kuipers he was shocking. Only 4 minutes added on and I think we should probably still be playing now!!!

I think we were unlucky not to win as we had 3 brilliant chances at the end, one being saved, one hitting the post and one put wide of the back post.

Thought the support from Brighton was immese, you're not a bad team and I don't think your current position in the league is where you belong. I can't remember the last time we beat a team after they went down to 10 men.

Good luck for the rest of the season and get some new glasses Jim. :D
Up the Gas.

I guess it must have been immensely frustrating for the Rovers fans, but to be honest I don't think Kuipers was taking any longer over his kicks than most keepers. On occasion he chose the right side of the six yard box, when the ball had gone off on the other side, but that's the keeper's privilege. It no doubt seemed worse because as soon as the ball went out the whole crowd behind the goal started whistling. I'm sure I would have been the same if I was a Rovers fan, but luckily I'm not.

As for Trollope, what I didn't like was the constant attempt to influence the referee by waving his arms around and acting like a spoilt child when decisions (rarely) went against Rovers. I don't mind a bit of passion from the manager, but Trollope really needs to grow up - he seems to have forgotten that he's a manager now, not a player.

Whether Virgo deserved to go is a moot point - but in my view (I was literally a few yards away) Hughes DEFINITELY play acted to get him sent off. It's that sort of attitude that stinks.

And the "homer" comment about the ref was probably the same comment that most away fans make :smile:
But it did piss me off that neither the ref nor the linesmen ever blew up for the constant holding and shirt-pulling by the Rovers centre-backs. Anyway, that's football!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought we played really well, rode our luck for a while but a good result.

Virgo is a first class prat and deserved that. Biggest loser of the day Dickinson who must have been gutted that Virgos actions cost him half a game.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
i dont understand that why after todays game some people still want slade out ? .
we just got a point against a team that are doing very good and are 3rd in the league .
people on here need to get a grip and realise that slade is actually doing very good with the team , 3 draws , 2 wins , and and 5 losses but one of those lose's we got robbed last week against southend , so give it time and we will be fighting for play-offs ,
give slade time !

" slade is actually doing very good with the team , 3 draws , 2 wins , and and 5 losses "

If you think that is doing very well then God help us when Slade is doing badly.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think both bookings for Virgo showed that he is not a full back. Until the first yellow he played pretty well though. The first booking was when he had just dribbled past two Rovers players and pushed it a little too far and lunged at the third player and caught him. The second booking was silly, he knew he had to stay up, the Rovers winger was going nowhere and clearly looking to get Virgo into trouble, and Virgs' fell for it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As long as we finish 5th from bottom or higher i couldn't care less until Falmer is complete.

How about you stay off this board until then, is it a deal?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Na'h , horse shit mate.

500 quid I've paid for a season ticket. f***ing miserable year if we are going to end up 5th from bottom.

In the grand scheme of things then yeah its all about Falmer but im f***ed if I want to turn out week in week out , getting pissed on for a campaign that would ultimately amount to 5 wins at home

Bollocks that and spoken by someone who only goes to a handful of games a season

:bowdown:

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Whether Virgo deserved to go is a moot point - but in my view (I was literally a few yards away) Hughes DEFINITELY play acted to get him sent off. It's that sort of attitude that stinks.

Silly tackle to make on a yellow but the player did make the most of it, and the fact there Physio was over there straight away probably didn't help either :shrug:

If had been the other way round we would all be screaming for the red so we cant really complain. :shrug:

Happy with a point :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here