Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game.PLAYER RATINGS.....

Overall a decent showing away from home and one more point than I expected.

Kuipers - 7. Very little to do until the last 20 minutes, looked like a very good save with 10 minutes to go but our view wasn't good from behind their goal. Distribution ponderously slow (anyone else notice how much quicker the Peterborough keeper was?), kicking OK(ish) but should fit a longer iron to his right boot or take a fairway wood occasionally.
Virgo - 5. Positionally awful in the first half and far too much hoofing for my liking. Tightened up after half time.
Elphick - 9.5. Well played that man.
Hawkins -9.. Good stuff too.
Richards - 8. I thought he played well.
El Abd - 6. OK but don't remember him doing anything incisive with the ball.
Thompson - 6.5. Tidy generally and looked good when he broke forward.
Savage - 6.5. Fine. Copybook tackle (or not) for his booking.
Anyinsah - 5. Missed our best chance (free header) in the second half; didn't seem able to beat his marker.
Murray - 8. Worked very hard on his own throughout up front. Held the ball up well. Shame the hoofers behind got their short irons and wedges out during the second half as clearly none of them noticed that Murray's marker won everything in the air.
McLeod - 6. Clearly not fully fit and I thought he might be off at half-time. Gave them lots of trouble in the second half until substituted with 20 minutes to go.

Subs:
Livermore - 5. Didn't do anything wrong but swapping him for McLeod was a mistake imo.
Thornton -? Only on for a few minutes; nice hair.

Adams We played to get a point and achieved it. Virgo looked a liability at right back during the first half, bringing on Livermore removed our main attacking outlet and lead to us defending deeper and deeper. It could (maybe should) have cost us the point.
Crowd - "There's only one Harry Potter" - ho! ho! Cut the boring anti-Palace chants please.
Stadium Announcer - "If there's a qualified referee in the stadium would he please make himself known" - Peter Kay couldn't have timed that better.
Posh. Quick, tidy side who play the ball on the ground. Lots of running but their forwards seem to lack a cutting edge which will, like last night, cost them points

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Kuipers - 7 - Not much to do until his blinding save at the end. No idea how we kept a clean sheet. No need to time waste right from the first minute

Virgo - 5 - Poor, should be dropped, he let their number 4 win every attacking set piece, lucky they had a goal disallowed, and they should of scored from Virgo not winning the ball in the air 5 mins later. His pinpoint passing to the opposition keeper has gone astray and now finding touch or goalkicks.

Elphick - 9 - MOM by a long way, some amazing last ditch tackles, and a great clearance in the 19th minute of stoppage time. Great to have him back.

Hawkins - 7 - his best game in a while. Made some great tackles, and learned he is allowed to pass it less than 60 yards.

Richards - 6 - didnt really put a foot wrong, but I still dont like him pulling out of 50/50 challenges. Him and M.C. Leo D work well together, over lapping etc

Anyeboah - 6 - a lot of defensive work for him yesterday, not too much of a threat going forward. Has a suspect first touch, but makes up for it with pace. Final ball disappointed last night

Thomson - 8 - a great captains peformance, played a great ball into McLeod in the first half, and also made some great runs into the box. He even had his moments dribbling past defenders. Best he has looked in the league all season.

El Abd - 6 - Looks like a defender in midfield, but mopped up well. Does this job better than Virgo. Seems to get a rush of blood when he has time on the ball and doesnt know what to do.

Savage - 7 - Better than Hereford, got booked early on, but still charged down everything, even if he had to run 20 yards to get there. Kept it simple, which I dont have a problem with. Caught in pocession a couple of times.

M.C. Leo D - 7 - Looked knackered when he came off, but hwo good is it to see a winger put crosses in at pace after beating a defender. Glad to have him back. Maybe should have done better when Thomson put him in

Murray - 8 - run his socks off again, winning flick ons, and getting the ball pinged into his chest for him to hold up and lay it off. Great work from a striker, and saw a lot of the ball. Only had one chance of note. Think he would benefit from another strike partner* whilst Forster is out (*Not Anyinsah/Virgo)

Livermore - 6 - once he came on, we stopped attacking, but he was solid enough

Thornton - no time to do anything, may as well send him back as Adams doesnt like his style of play

Some great defensive performances at the back individually, but as a unit, its not quite gelled as we were getting pulled apart all over the place.

Ditchboy

Apr 4, 2008
I didn't get to the game last night but the geezer on the radio mentioned several times what a blinder El Abd was having and what tactical genius it was to play him between defence and midfield for away games. Your ratings are not backing this up. What's the truth of the matter fellas?

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
kuipers - 8 kept us in the game several times

virgo - 6 ok, needs to settle in one position though instead of being moved about all over the place
elphick - 10 outstanding
hawkins - 9 best i've seen him play, promising stuff.
richards - 7 did fairly well

el abd - 6 pulled about all over the place didn't get stuck in enough for me
savage - 6 same as el abd
thomson - 7 one of his better games i thought

anyinsah - 5 very quiet, didn't track back enough, no attacking threat
mcleod - 6 so unfit they may as well have me on the wing, but i couldn't whip it in like he does. if he gets fit, he will create a lot of chances.

murray - 9 ran his ruddy socks off. great touch, brought others into play. felt sorry for him as our midfield was disappointing.

micky needs to find his best 11 (which is hard considering so many short term loanees) and stick to it as best he can. moving virgo/el abd/anyinsah etc every week is not good for them. the players need to know their roles and that comes with consistency in selection.

a nil nil was a good result. they battered us all night, but we defending superbly. if we hadn't have been so poor at home against weaker teams everyone would be a lot more positive about last nights game.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
From those at the game, was the ref really that bad?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Kuipers - 8

Virgo - 5
Hawkins - 8
Elphick - 8
Richards - 6

Anyinsah - 5
Thomson - 7
Savage - 7
El Abd - 4
MC Loud - 7

Murray - 7

Adams We played to get a point and achieved it. Virgo looked a liability at right back during the first half, bringing on Livermore removed our main attacking outlet and lead to us defending deeper and deeper. It could (maybe should) have cost us the point.

That's the most worrying thing about last night in so far as the personnel/ tactical changes. Sadly just continuing on as 'normal'.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
From those at the game, was the ref really that bad?

One of the worst performances I've ever seen - for both teams. At one point within the space of a minute he was greeted with "you don't know what your doing" from both sets of fans. Quite an acheivement.

That's the most worrying thing about last night in so far as the personnel/ tactical changes. Sadly just continuing on as 'normal'.

'Twas just a personal view about last night but I've never seen match tactics as a Micky Adams' strength anyway. I thought Posh started to look nervous when went at them for 15 minutes or so in the 2nd half, particularly with McLeod (and it gave our defence a breather); unfortunately he isn't 100% fit so had to be replaced (knackered). We had a wide player on the bench but in choosing Livermore, we then went defensive and invited them to attack us, which they did.
Perhaps others hold a different opinion and may yet comment.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I didn't get to the game last night but the geezer on the radio mentioned several times what a blinder El Abd was having and what tactical genius it was to play him between defence and midfield for away games. Your ratings are not backing this up. What's the truth of the matter fellas?

He played OK but basically doubling up with Savage.

It was men against boys for first 20 mins then they came more down to our level. Its desperate to see us (with such high hopes at start of season) play 1up front against the likes of Posh, even on our current form.

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
General Posh opinion is "Brighton did their homework on George Boyd and the other forwards and defended superbly."

Good turnout on a Tuesday night n'all.

However, our star is rising and yours is going down the toilet, currently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here