Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just applied for my season ticket refund .....

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Can anyone explain why the November direct debit has been taken when we're all entitled to a refund of a much larger amount. Seems rather odd. Will they be taking another in December, I hope not.
Although not having received the promised email about refunds I looked at my Albion account and it gave me the option to apply which I have done and received an acknowledgement.
Like some others I have decided, after nearly 70 years of following the team, that this year is going to be my last. I hate this league and all it stands for, which just seems to be a money making exercise for the all ready wealthy. Lets face it, Brighton and about 75% of the league will never win it and are just there to make up the numbers. VAR has also killed it for me and although I wish the team well in future my money will be going to my local club where I can enjoy the footy with friends, pint in hand and without the hassle of fighting through crowds.

Rant over.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Can anyone explain why the November direct debit has been taken when we're all entitled to a refund of a much larger amount. Seems rather odd. Will they be taking another in December, I hope not.
Although not having received the promised email about refunds I looked at my Albion account and it gave me the option to apply which I have done and received an acknowledgement.
Like some others I have decided, after nearly 70 years of following the team, that this year is going to be my last. I hate this league and all it stands for, which just seems to be a money making exercise for the all ready wealthy. Lets face it, Brighton and about 75% of the league will never win it and are just there to make up the numbers. VAR has also killed it for me and although I wish the team well in future my money will be going to my local club where I can enjoy the footy with friends, pint in hand and without the hassle of fighting through crowds.

Rant over.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I can't say I can blame anybody for feeling this way. Not being able to go to a game, PPV and most of all VAR are seriously pushing me to "I don't give a duck about this anymore" feeling. After 30 years of supporting the albion, through all the cr@p years this is the closest I come to giving it all up.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've just applied for mine. Was really just an excuse to meet up and have a few beers. We used to joke the football was the worst part of the day, now it always is.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Another set of new curtains then? Best get down to Dunelm before they shut :whistle:
I've just taken a kitchen bin back to them as it arrived with a massive dent in!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Taking the payment today was a last straw for me too. I know they had originally said November would be last payment for some but I had thought maybe that had changed with the refund offer. Will I renew next season. Not really sure as yet but I do wonder if the club have had an onslaught of requests today

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Taken the refund and in all honesty I’m not renewing with VAR as it is. I’ll take my money to watch some local games somewhere. I’m not paying £600 to have games ruined and the whole live excitement snatched away by some nerds in a box somewhere who simply don’t know what they’re doing. Not the club’s fault, but what with this long break from the game, I’m done with it.

VAR is killing it for me as well.

I literally cannot see any improvement following its introduction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Said this last season too, with VAR as it is, I'm more likely to renew if we go down.

We've come to the same decision. Thing is, if we get relegated then there will be no VAR, will they allow us to wait and see before we make our decision to renew?

Same here

Increasingly feel the same. VAR has been as bad, if not worse, than I expected. It doesn't feel live anymore. The thing that makes football the most popular spectator sport in the world is the continuity and flow of the game + the passion and tribalism of the live support.

The money men at the top don't understand this. And so much else.

I think I'll save my money in future (especially knowing most of it goes into the pockets of already stupidly rich men) and find some more local football to enjoy and support once the pandemic is over.

I am also thinking along these lines. I will still meet with mates at the pub before and after, those who continue to go, but the Premier League and VAR are not a lot of fun. Visits to Whitehawk and Lewes in the last few weeks have reminded me what a laugh it can be, going to the football with your mates.

Anyone know how long it will take for ST refunds to appear in our accounts? I applied last Tuesday and have seen nothing yet.

no wonder our atmosphere is shit. It's not in our blood like a working class town.

I have been thinking along those lines. With all the crap going on in the world, I've stopped getting upset at the football as VAR is ruining the experience for me. I can't stand not celebrating a goal as it's the best part of the game.

The first date for actual refund is 18th Nov. You just have to have processed it by 4th Nov to qualify for this date.

Have said this so often about not just us but Southern teams in general.

We have too much else going on in our lives to really care in the same way they do up North.

Sure we too have the 9-5 grind in comparably menial jobs, we probably also use football to escape whoever/whatelse in our lives grinds us down but it’s just not the be all and end all for us.

We’re all just a bit “meh” about it because we have other things to draw our attention away.

Take out the war years and you can probably count the hostile or partisan atmospheres we’ve created on both hands.

Chesterfield to win the title
Leeds at Withdean
Burnley with 9 men
Sheff Wed in the play offs
Palace St Patrick’s day
Burnley again when Barton stamped on Kayal

And then I’m struggling.

Sure there have been good atmospheres but for me we just don’t shout/sing up until we feel wronged.

Jesus give your heads a wobble people! A number of you are long standing fans who have supported us through the shit - enjoy the best team we’ve had. No superfan post intended but I could never ever turn my back on the Albion - it’s in the blood / DNA EXACTLY the same as anywhere else in the country and yes we have a pretty decent atmosphere in one of the best stadiums in the country.

I too am totally fed up with VAR, totally fed up with refs blatantly favouring the bigger clubs, many parts of the premier league, many aspects of this shit year and pandemic... but I just can’t wait to get back to the Amex more than anything (as it’s the only thing since first lockdown ive not been able to properly do!).

Cheer up, most of you will renew and are just gutted about the way things have gone against us this season. Don’t give up on your passion or the club we love though. Sort it out! Things will pick up in many ways next year :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Jesus give your heads a wobble people! A number of you are long standing fans who have supported us through the shit - enjoy the best team we’ve had. No superfan post intended but I could never ever turn my back on the Albion - it’s in the blood / DNA EXACTLY the same as anywhere else in the country and yes we have a pretty decent atmosphere in one of the best stadiums in the country.

I too am totally fed up with VAR, totally fed up with refs blatantly favouring the bigger clubs, many parts of the premier league, many aspects of this shit year and pandemic... but I just can’t wait to get back to the Amex more than anything (as it’s the only thing since first lockdown ive not been able to properly do!).

Cheer up, most of you will renew and are just gutted about the way things have gone against us this season. Don’t give up on your passion or the club we love though. Sort it out! Things will pick up in many ways next year :)

Not renewing...

source.gif

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

I admire your gumption but I’ve already canned it in due to financial reasons but all of the above re VAR etc are fully applicable.

Just isn’t the same game, it’s not even in the same realm, as the one I started watching in ‘87.

Covid or whatever it is we’re living through now is really helping me re-define what’s really important in life and shelling out £650 plus travel plus booze etc all at the whim of some dipstick like Jon Moss sat behind a computer screen ruining it or not is not my idea of fun.

Sure I’ll be a fan until my dying day, I’ll come on here and spout shit about selections or results and what have you but I’m done with attending and paying through the nose for it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I took it you were giving us a wake up slap! :D

Maybe it's more of a...

EvwEBgX.gif

Haha yeh I was - I feel the same frustrations... I really do... but most will be buzzing first match back - it’s a way of life and one of the more healthy addictions there is :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Haha yeh I was - I feel the same frustrations... I really do... but most will be buzzing first match back - it’s a way of life and one of the more healthy addictions there is :thumbsup:

I'm only talking not renewing my ST. Perhaps I'll choose cheaper cup games, more away days and pick and choose the home fixtures. Just not sure I have the stomach for committing to every home fixture...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I will most probably renew. However although I detest the PL and most of what it stands for, it is VAR that has been the most disruptive influence in my enjoyment. I am Brighton through and through, I've gone to most if not all home matches since I was 5 years old, but it is its introduction that has ruined watching live for me. As someone just said, it doesn't feel live anymore and VAR has stopped the excitement and immediacy of the thing we all most love.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Very much looking forward to getting back

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I will most probably renew. However although I detest the PL and most of what it stands for, it is VAR that has been the most disruptive influence in my enjoyment. I am Brighton through and through, I've gone to most if not all home matches since I was 5 years old, but it is its introduction that has ruined watching live for me. As someone just said, it doesn't feel live anymore and VAR has stopped the excitement and immediacy of the thing we all most love.

Couldn’t agree more. Not celebrating yet another BHA goal last night was just sickening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here