Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just a thought

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I was thinking the other day about all the money I lay out on the Albion, as I posted my cheque to Dick and Martin.

I was thinking how unfair it is that all the season ticket holders and regular home and away supporters are the ones that will no doubt be doing all they can to chip in and save the club. This hardcore of around 10,000 fans will be the ones that pay up, whilst the other 20,000 will no doubt show apathy and not contribute.

Of course, as soon as we get to another cup final, play off final etc they will all show up, but what do they do in the fifteen years in between to warrant being there at all?

It just seems a bit unfair that those on the bandwagon, the glory hunters get to share in what the minority have built and helped survive.

Am I being a bit unfair (I'm certainly assuming a lot) or did anyone else feel a bit of injustice as they sent their hundred quid?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
What a load of bollocks.

If you want (and can afford it) send off your money. There are a lot of people that don't go to many games and don't contribute to the club financially as much as a season ticket holder. They are still fans all the same and it is every persons right to support their club as and when they feel like it without being judged.

I for one have a baby on the way and a high mortgage. I'm not going to renew my season ticket next year because of this and I'm not going to be sending off a cheque to the club for £100 either. I'm still as much of a fan as the next bloke. I just think that to a lot of people (generally people with lifes) Brighton and Hove Albion is not the be all and end all in there lives.

aph298

Jul 26, 2004
nomadic
I wan't going to even bother acknowledging such self-important sentiments, but seeing as Lammy summed up in a few lines what I would've found myself ranting on about for far too long, I'll just say: well said Lammy.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Jimmy Saville said:
I was thinking the other day about all the money I lay out on the Albion, as I posted my cheque to Dick and Martin.

I was thinking how unfair it is that all the season ticket holders and regular home and away supporters are the ones that will no doubt be doing all they can to chip in and save the club. This hardcore of around 10,000 fans will be the ones that pay up, whilst the other 20,000 will no doubt show apathy and not contribute.

Of course, as soon as we get to another cup final, play off final etc they will all show up, but what do they do in the fifteen years in between to warrant being there at all?

It just seems a bit unfair that those on the bandwagon, the glory hunters get to share in what the minority have built and helped survive.

Am I being a bit unfair (I'm certainly assuming a lot) or did anyone else feel a bit of injustice as they sent their hundred quid?

Hopefully there will be a loyalty scheme on the first Falmer season tickets

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here