Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just A Rumour

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think when he has filled out he will be more useful, maybe that's the reason his contribution is quite limited at the moment? With regards to the "strongest position" thing, its fair enough if you don't think players should be able to adapt to other positions as well. But Cox, for example, has played all across the midfield and up front last season and came second in the PoS.

But then he has played in a number of roles. Right midfield for the firsts, central midfield and central defence for the youth and reserves.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
But then he has played in a number of roles. Right midfield for the firsts, central midfield and central defence for the youth and reserves.

I've only ever seen him at RM for us, never saw him for the youth. What he has contributed this season, for me, hasn't been good enough. I don't think you can just put that down to the fact he is not in his "preferred position". A club like ourselves with the resources we have at our disposal need players to be able to adapt to different positions.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I've only ever seen him at RM for us, never saw him for the youth. What he has contributed this season, for me, hasn't been good enough. I don't think you can just put that down to the fact he is not in his "preferred position". A club like ourselves with the resources we have at our disposal need players to be able to adapt to different positions.

Fair point but for the youth/reserves he has a similar influence as Dean Hammond has for the first team from what I've seen. Give the lad time.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

I guess it shows that some players are more adaptable than others.

However the fact he got a 2 year deal suggests the club saw something with him that he would make it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well lets be honest Harding really wasn't that good anyway, we did bloody well out of that deal. Carole I thought would do really well at Leeds not sure quite what happened there...
To be fair Harding has been excellent for Ipswich, he is proving himself in the championship. Which is more than can be said for Leeds. :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Would hate to see sam Rents go but no worries about losing El Abd after his performances (mostly off the pitch) last season. Fraser has a long way to go yet.

Can't really bellieve Leeds are signing players (especially youngsters) though. How big a squad do they need and how many players' wages can they afford??

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bad move for them I think.

Withdean whingers are nothing compared to the expectations of Leeds fans who would be almost demanding that they are Champions of the division by Christmas.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
would be quite happy for el abd to go. he is not going to be in the first team this season, i would say doubtful he would even make thje squad. quite why leeds would want him is anybodys guess

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sam Rents does some decent set piece free kicks and corners.

Somebody warn them that Leeds don't pay their players.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Flipping Heck Scotty. El Abd not getting in the first team. Where do you get that from?

There was a thread a few weeks ago saying that El Abd has been losing his rag with his team mates just once too often.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Flipping Heck Scotty. El Abd not getting in the first team. Where do you get that from?

right back - whing

centre backs - butters, lynch. hinshlewood still to come back, plus tommy elphick looking pretty promising there at the end of last season

central midfield - hammond, reid, bertin if he signs. i would imagine even fraser could be ahead of him given it is his natural position, then with oatway possibly returning as well

throw in the fact that there all kinds of rumours going around about his recent conduct, not just the thing with the fans but with his own team mates, and i reckon it would take a severe amount of players being unavailable for him to make the team this year

if his attitude is as bad as it sounds, and bearing in mind we have decent cover, plus leeds ridiculous record of throwing money at players, i would bite their hand off at a money offer that could then go towards helping to get what we really need - a striker

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
right back - whing

centre backs - butters, lynch. hinshlewood still to come back, plus tommy elphick looking pretty promising there at the end of last season

central midfield - hammond, reid, bertin if he signs. i would imagine even fraser could be ahead of him given it is his natural position, then with oatway possibly returning as well

throw in the fact that there all kinds of rumours going around about his recent conduct, not just the thing with the fans but with his own team mates, and i reckon it would take a severe amount of players being unavailable for him to make the team this year

if his attitude is as bad as it sounds, and bearing in mind we have decent cover, plus leeds ridiculous record of throwing money at players, i would bite their hand off at a money offer that could then go towards helping to get what we really need - a striker
El-Abd is a just your everyday normal footballer. So if Leeds want to chuck us a few quid to have him, let it be. It won't be a massive loss. He spends half the season suspended ! (Not quite that long :lolol:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here