Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just a question folowed by a concern....

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
At the risk of being flamed does anyone else share my worry about in this credit crunch how the Albion will be able to find someone prepared to lend them the alleged £30million for the balance of the stadium costs that they will be looking for on a commercial mortgage?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
shhh!

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
no

you poor and want to borrow £50 no chance

you poor and want to borrow £50.000.000 and banks will fight each other for the chance

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Don't worry about it. We are the chosen ones.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think we're supposed to ignore all concerns and convince ourselves everything will be fine and we'll start building as planned in 6 months time......

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Dont worry Harty...the board are going down to dukes mound to raise the money they will bend over backwards to make sure they get it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will anybody who supports them now see the day the last payment on the morgage is paid. I mean boys like Hartys lad who actually watch BHA now not somebody who has just had a baby and registered them as a member. There was talk of it being a mortgage over 75 years.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Will anybody who supports them now see the day the last payment on the morgage is paid. I mean boys like Hartys lad who actually watch BHA now not somebody who has just had a baby and registered them as a member. There was talk of it being a mortgage over 75 years.

Not that I was there, but I thought it was said at the launch night that it would 25 - 30 years?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Will this impact upon costs, bringing them down maybe? Depends if any of the firms tendering to build at Falmer are tainted I guess.

BBC NEWS | Business | Building firms 'rigged contracts'

It shouldn't do because most of this allegation was against normal housebuilders.
The enquiry will end the price fixing.

Anyway the tender process on this size of commercial project will ensure that best value will be reached and built to a very good standard.

I certainly know which of the three tendering i would want to build it and no allegations were raised against them!!!

What we really need is fuel and steel prices to come down a lot

Dandyman

In London village.
What we really need is fuel and steel prices to come down a lot

Exactly. The challenge is the cost of construction rather than interest rates, which are actually fairly low. The issue that remains unclear to me is how large the income streams need to be to cover the borrowing(s).

I would imagine that risk analysis will probably not place the bank as the owner of any such an expensive megalith, and being a 'limited-use' type of structure, without some tangible collateral put up as their insurance.

Will shares be advocated, part of which being on the market to the public?

You'd have to peer with some interest, at the track record of the stadium's instigator, and man at the helm.
That just puts into perspective the staunch and CREDITABLE behavior of our Mr Knight, and compare the stuff his detractors have said about his 'alienating' great legends in football like Bertin, Savage and O'Callaghan - to name a few recent ones who would have compromised the club wage spending.

If anyone can do it, I for one, believe Dick Knight can.

Last edited:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Don't you mean; "what we really want [is for material prices to come down a lot]"?

No what we really NEED
is for our government to grow some balls and a spine and sort the cost of living or improving our lives and fuel is first on the list as that inflates the transport cost of all materials

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here