Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just a bit of 'armless fun?

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
My four year old wasn't scared, I explained and she just said "oh".
I remember a girl from when I was younger who had a funny hand and I've been scared of that sort of thing ever since.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
..... bad parenting if there kids are scared of her in my opinion

LOL, do you HONESTLY think that?

What any of us are scared of has very little to do with the parenting. My boy gets very squeemish with blood as well, is that also down to my parenting?

:D

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My son watches cBeebies at that time and has no problem with her disability, in fact for a number of months his favourite programme was 'Something Special' which exclusively featured disabled kids and brilliant presenter Justin Fletcher.

The only issue is whether her disability compromises her ability to present effectively and, to an extent, I think it does. I think, having watched Something Special, the subject of disability is better presented by someone able-bodied than in this way.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The parents should be complaining about programmes like "Life Of Riley" which will cause psychological trauma letting their kids watching this kind of drivel.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The parents should be complaining about programmes like "Life Of Riley" which will cause psychological trauma letting their kids watching this kind of drivel.

or that shower of shite with the bloke from Hyacynth Bucket and Trigger from OF&H on saturday night....that is an insult to our intelligence

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
or that shower of shite with the bloke from Hyacynth Bucket and Trigger from OF&H on saturday night....that is an insult to our intelligence
Is that the comedy series written by and starring Roger Lloyd-Pack (Trigger) ?

I must have been about 8 when I shared a dinner table with a boy who was severely handicapped. He had been starved of Oxygen at birth and was entirely incoherent and could not do anything for himself.

I was scared at the time, but it was explained to me what was wrong with him, how some people are born or develop disabilities and that I shouldn't be scared of the 'abnormal'. The experience did not scar me in the slightest.

Those that complained should be ashamed of themselves. If they are not willing to teach their children about acceptance of disabilities, then they should bloody well watch a different channel rather than make a ill-conceived public complaint.

Full on agree.

Last week, one of my friend's children, who was severely handicapped with cerebral palsy, died at 18.
For her brief life, the one thing I could never tell her was that although she could not even sit up on her own power - she stood as tall as anyone for how lucky I am, and for an incident of birth her life was forever reduced to a shadow of an able-bodied person. I can never complain about my lot, if I think about her.
This presenter should never be ignored for having a perceived disability, and children should know about the disabled and less fortunate than they are.

Rest in Peace, Sarah.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
If your children are scared i think it is best to make it light hearted. This is why we have made up the stumpy song which we sing when she appears, along with pulling our sleeves down so it goes all flappy.
the kids are not scared now.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
my nearly 3 year old does not have a problem with her at all - i do however. She (and her co-presenter) are really really shite.

Bring back Chris and Pui now!!!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I have the solution.....

Invite all parents who complain to visit BBC and once there....chop off one arm!!!

Their kids (and their parents for that matter) will quickly become used to seeing and understanding the effects of physical disability and no longer be scared.

How easy is that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here