Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jurgen Klopp speaks out about FA Cup

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would 'Teams like Brighton' really want a Champions' League place? For 'Teams like Brighton' it would be more of an incentive if they said that if you win the FA Cup and finish in the bottom 3 you don't get relegated. (The mugs fourth from bottom would go down instead). Suddenly the Cup becomes very important.

Absolutely "Teams like Brighton" would certainly want a Champions League place. Speaking personally I would LOVE to see BHA in Europe. Obviously we'd get brutally dry-humped by the elite clubs, but it would still be fun, and there are always a few minnows and similar sized clubs knocking around in the group stages who we could give a game to. No brainer, it would be brilliant. Then there's all that additional $$$ for being it in. Not something TB would turn his back on I'm sure.

I'm not sure I agree with your other idea though. A team should not get immunity from relegation just for winning the FA Cup. They could get a bye to the final as Palace did, then with some luck on the day of the Final, end up basically cheating another club down - 6 games should not take precidence over 38 for those purposes. It would sure spice things up, but not for the right reasons IMO.

Interesting idea though!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I must be missing something?
I’m sure Chelsea will be pleased to face our under 19’s in the 5th round.
At least LFC played in the Cup ( And won) Unlike a Manchester team that just refused to play in it a few years ago because they were in the World club championship.
However So were LFC, who actually won it, so why all the hate?
I really don’t get it?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
And before anyone says its ridiculous that a Cup winner should be allowed to enter the Champions League, I'd say its no more ridiculous than allowing the team that finished 4th to qualify.

Due to circumstances traditional, we rarely seem to see eye to eye on football matters, but I agree with your whole post.

Specifically, with regard to the point of yours I’ve quoted, you are bang on the money. The very definition of being champions should preclude teams finishing 2 - 4th entering, but winning the FA Cup actually fulfils that definition.

I’m off for a lie down. :)

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Does anybody really care what Klopp thinks?

The media for a start.

And people who don’t really follow football.

And oddly, women.

And the plastics down everyone’s local who hang onto his every word despite never having been to Anfield.

And George in the Con Club who lived next door to Klopps best mate. Tells him everything.

It’s weird just how popular he appears to people who aren’t particularly interested in football, but claim to follow it.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I must be missing something?
I’m sure Chelsea will be pleased to face our under 19’s in the 5th round.
At least LFC played in the Cup ( And won) Unlike a Manchester team that just refused to play in it a few years ago because they were in the World club championship.
However So were LFC, who actually won it, so why all the hate?
I really don’t get it?

Brighton fans don't give a flying **** about LFC winning some mickey mouse cup

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here