Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jump Britain

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not to detract from the Tom Hark with another slice of CM irrelevance, but isn't this whole Pourkar (spelling?) thing a load of cobblers made to look marginally impressive with camera angles and editing? According to the programme it changed one bloke's life, but can you imagine a group of healthy young bods old enough to know better running around Brighton like Power Rangers jumping off walls and banging their shins on railings, tripping over etc. It's classic French & Saunders material

patchamsmostwanted

Jul 15, 2004
Shanghai/Brighton
Aesthetically it was quite enjoyable but as soon as they all started opening their mouths and talking about how great it was I was put off. I think it would be far more interesting if they were doing it for immoral means - say burgling houses or robbing banks. Not that I condone such illegal activities, it's just all the mutual backslapping and fancy twists were a bit naff.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's pointless bollocks that looks daft without fast music and snazzy editing. And I normally quite like pointless bollocks.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Man - Parkour is dope. I bet most of you slagging it off are allergic to physical exercise. Its a mix of breakdancing and running with some serious skills needed. I for one, found it all quite impressive.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I thought it was very good and have been impressed with it for a while now.

At least those kids are doing something with their lives other than hanging around street corners smoking and drinking and commtiing crime!

I,d like to see you lot have the bottle to jump the gap in the roof over the millienum statium!!!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I was watching that and thought blimey this is good! Watched it for about 10mins and thought, blimey this is getting boring.

can't see it taking off!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
yeah thought it was quality, not as good as jump london though

apparently the shot with the Milennium Stadium had to be done again cos the cameraman missed it!

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Mr Popkins said:
I thought it was very good and have been impressed with it for a while now.

At least those kids are doing something with their lives other than hanging around street corners smoking and drinking and commtiing crime!

I,d like to see you lot have the bottle to jump the gap in the roof over the millienum statium!!!

It's hardly as though we're all sitting here saying that's a piece of piss, anyone could do it! All we're saying is that it's mildly impressive for a bit, but then gets pretty tedious to watch on tv.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I think its something you have to do, rather than watch, but no-one was suggesting it was a spectator sport...

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I saw it ages ago and yes it is boring to watch but I bet you get one hell of a buzz doing it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I 'invented' a sport with my mate called Street Walking. It was like roll er blading by without roller blades and took elements from skating, blading and break dancing and became a sport you could do anywhere. My specialities were freezes. Grinding was always quite dangerous though, especially in the wet.

Little did we know it is a world wide craze and people make shoes for it and everything.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
A bloke with a pony tail from Channel 4 is giving me two grand to film my new project. I call it "des-k.Fart!ng".

Basically, they film me sitting at my desk at work noisily breaking wind to a cool ambient house music soundtrack interspersed with speeded up footage of cars driving around at night.

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
I enjoyed the programme. A new extreme type sport where no expensive equipment is needed apart from a pair of trainers.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Yeah, but watch Nike rape it, as they surely will. You'll be seeing Nike Parkour equipment before Christmas, I betcha.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I 'invented' a sport with my mate called Street Walking. It was like roll er blading by without roller blades and took elements from skating, blading and break dancing and became a sport you could do anywhere. Little did we know it is a world wide craze and people make shoes for it and everything.

Yeah, Soap Shoes....

EXPRESS_6027_160.gif

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Isn't a parkour a coat you wore in the 80s?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here