Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Judicial Review

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Any idea of the timescale ? When will the Lewes Anti-Football Commissars make contact with a judge ? And when will we hear something ? How long will the judicial review process take ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
6 months was mentioned recently.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
BensGrandad said:
How long before the judge decides whether or not they have a case?

I read it's going straight to the high court so a judge won't be needed to grant them leave.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
if it is 6months it shouldt affect the building of the stadium at all cos perry will keep doing the hard work as he would anyway and building aint for 10 months and obviously the pricks wont win........bitter bitter losers:shootself :albion:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
The last I heard Falmer parish council were about 10k short of thier share of funds. Can they proceed if they don't have the money? Have LDC bailed them out with even more of other peoples cash>

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Is there any scope for them to appeal after the JR, like a European Court for example?

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes they can appeal I believe, even to The House of Lords, or European court. But each stage gets more and more expensive... and LDC have said they won't be spending any more...

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
It can be taken up to the House of Lords, after that no idea !

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
sparkie said:
Yes they can appeal I believe, even to The House of Lords, or European court. But each stage gets more and more expensive... and LDC have said they won't be spending any more...
Yes, they're a very believable, trustworthy organisation, Lewes District Council. Careful with the public purse and sensitive to criticism.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The Large One said:
Yes, they're a very believable, trustworthy organisation, Lewes District Council. Careful with the public purse and sensitive to criticism.

I don't trust them either. So the heat must be kept on from all sides until they finally see sense.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We've yet to find out the precise nature of their challenge. We're best off waiting for that before we go nuts at them again.

They KNOW (although their arrogance means that they will never publicly acknowledge this) that they have opened a can of worms locally, with residents ambivalent or even hostile to the stadium plans being even more pissed off with the Council for wasting this money - a sum estimated as somewhere between £65,000 (Lewes' estimate) and £150,000 (everyone else's). That figure could very easily go higher.

Meanwhile... as this particular process doesn't stop the Albion's march, Martin Perry continues to bring the diggers and bulldozers ever closer. :cool:

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
sparkie said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Priceless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here