Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jubilee Beacons

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Anyone going to go and watch one being lit?

I'm going to the Worthing one, I'm not that fussed but Mrs Worthingite wants to see it (once in a lifetime yadda yadda yadda).

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Worthings one was VERY disappointing. More or less 4 candles in a brazier. 'Elf 'n' safety and all that I guess.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Had some pretty good fireworks (for Bexhill) from Galley Hill which is a couple of 100yds away from my house, but the beacon up their doesn't seem to have been lit, although it might have gone out by now.

Just back from Firle Beacon. A magnificent fiery beacon, visible for miles - and within sight of a number of fine beacons all over Sussex. Followed by a superb firework display. Much enjoyed by a very large crowd.

And it's still burning. We do this stuff well out our way.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Went to a local event not huge fire but massive turn out. Like others have said an impromptu national anthem broke out love it all.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
i went to one in Peacehaven down the Dell there....how disappointing it was, it was funny at the same time as they failed to light it for 15 mins then they had to get a ladder and do it lmao

Another one who went to firle last night. Was very impressed with the fireworks display!!

A couple of Roz's pics:-

p430883690-3.jpg

p977604478-3.jpg

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Had some pretty good fireworks (for Bexhill) from Galley Hill which is a couple of 100yds away from my house, but the beacon up their doesn't seem to have been lit, although it might have gone out by now.

I remember going to Galley Hill as a 10 year old to watch the beacon being lit in 1977.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here