Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JS's American Express Community Stadium Watch No.123 (27/5/11) .

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I went up last week, and was amazed by the landscaping, especially on the opposite side of the road. I also noted the odd flower popping up, so well played Graeme.

As per usual, fantastic photos. Love the new signpost.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks for the pics , so nearly there. Hope I'm lucky in getting a ticket for the 1st home game with about 30,000 applying for one of the 900 golden tickets.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
President Obama visits the queen.
He should have come to Brighton to see a football stadium fit for a king.
Village Way and pavements have been finished by way of a top coat of tarmac, and all the road markings painted.
Even the builders who I've got to know over the years seem to be winding down, ready for the hand over next Tuesday.
I did some Guerilla Gardening around the perimeter a while ago, just spreading a few blue and white seeds.
Some fell on stony ground....See one of the successful Vipers Bugloss!
3 lots of 5 coming up.

Thanks. Great now the ugly fences are down.

Did YOU really sow those native plant seeds?

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Will you being an inside special any time soon? keep up the good work.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Did YOU really sow those native plant seeds?

April 2010, I chucked a load of Vipers Bugloss (blue flowers) and Wild Carrot (white flowers), all along the strip of land at the bottom of the blue hoarding.
It takes a year for perennial wild flowers to get going, but what with the crash barriers being installed soon after, other works, plus the removal of the hoarding, we'll see how successful this has been over the next few months.
There are loads of Vipers Bugloss rosettes appearing here and there, and I suspect that the one in the photo, plus a few others in flower there at the moment, would be from this sowing.
A bit of rain would help too.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
What about some white oxeye daisies and blue cornflowers Graeme ? Must admit that vipers bugloss is one of my favourites and flowers for months

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here