Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JS's American Express Community Stadium Watch No.115 (1/4/11).

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What is going to happen to that huge bank in piccy #5? It currently looks like it's covered in slightly uneven concrete. Does not look nice, will the builders do something with it to make it look better?

Pretty sure when you look at the 1901 video that that area all appears with a nice lush grassy bank but can't see how that can happen now ? Agree it doesn't look nice at the moment

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
A bank that steep has to be stabilised to avoid the possibility of landslip - just look at the chalk rock falls on the undercliff walk if you want to see what happens to unstabilised chalk. Wouldn't be too pleased with a huge lump of chalk landing on my head just as I came out of the ground.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A bank that steep has to be stabilised to avoid the possibility of landslip - just look at the chalk rock falls on the undercliff walk if you want to see what happens to unstabilised chalk. Wouldn't be too pleased with a huge lump of chalk landing on my head just as I came out of the ground.

Okay, so once it's 'stabilised' then what?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pretty sure when you look at the 1901 video that that area all appears with a nice lush grassy bank but can't see how that can happen now ? Agree it doesn't look nice at the moment

Agree. I thought they would grass over it but it looks a lot steeper than I remember.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Super shots. Thanks once again as they make working a Friday night shift a little easier in the small hours.

for any bus spotters, one of the new stops is on the fourth lampost back on the road shot.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Notice in that pic of the seats there are a few missing, that looks suspiciously the same shape as a SEAGULL!
You've hot a very vivid imagination! I don't think a seagull made out of ten or so seats would look very realistic. If there really are going to be seagulls I reckon they'll consist of hundreds of seats.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In Hong Kong they concrete the hillsides in a similar fashion to stabilise them and then drill planting areas which are filled with trailing plants and evergreen climbers. I could see us doing a similar thing here using ivies and evergreen honeysuckle etc.

Great pics as ever JS - time they let you loose inside again :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
fantastic pics as ever , thanks JS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here