Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JPT Second Round Draw

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The draw is on Saturday 5 September on Soccer AM. Ties to be played w/c 5 October.

Thanks.

Might miss the game then if it's on the Tuesday, as I have tickets for the Dome already. Fingers crossed for a Wednesday match (unless it's away at Norwich in which case it won't make any difference to me!).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many people on here wishing that we lose or saying it is shit cup went to Luton?

I did as I though that we had a genuine chance of going to Wembley only to have it taken from us by MA panicking when Livermore was sent off.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
that list of teams looks a little light ?has it been divided up into more obscure areas or something ? no luton no southampton ect ect

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
that list of teams looks a little light ?has it been divided up into more obscure areas or something ? no luton no southampton ect ect

TROPHY ROUND 2 DRAW
Posted on: 02.09.2009

The draw for Round 2 of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy will take place on Saturday, where the 16 clubs awarded a bye the first round will enter the competition.

As with the Round 1 draw, this one will also be split into four regions as below:-

Northern Section - West

Accrington Stanley
Bury
Carlisle United
Macclesfield Town
Port Vale
Shrewsbury Town
Stockport County
Tranmere Rovers

Northern Section - East

Bradford City
Chesterfield
Darlington
Grimsby Town
Hartlepool United
Huddersfield Town
Leeds United
Notts County

Southern Section - West

AFC Bournemouth
Aldershot Town
Exeter City
Hereford United
Northampton Town
Southampton
Swindon Town
Torquay United

Southern Section - East

Barnet
Brighton & Hove Albion
Charlton Athletic
Gillingham
Leyton Orient
Milton Keynes Dons
Norwich City
Southend United

Luton are no longer in the Football League.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I'm in two minds whether we want an easy game (Barnet or the Pikeys at home), or a game where we don't really have a chance (Charlton, Norwich away) so we can concentrate on the League.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
ah thanks for that,i realised luton were not in the league (honest) i just thought they surely would be allowed to defend the trophy.

Hmm never thought of that, I guess teams who have won it and got promoted to the championship in the same year would be in the same boat. But they have probably got bigger fish to fry so aren't so bothered.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Charlton A for me. Chance for a good night out and if we lose we can concentrate on the League.
Bizarre that Northampton and MK Dons are in different quadrants of the draw when they are local rivals. And we can't draw Aldershot (50 miles?) until the semis but could draw Norwich (160 miles?).
PG

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'll take whoever is most likely to thrash us and get us out of this sorry excuse for a cup. It ruined last season, let's not allow it to ruin this season. Norwich away please.

How did it ruin last season? Scunthorpe reached the final and still got promoted.Last season problems were down to Adams.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The cup run was incredible last season, almost every JPT match was rubbish, but we kept getting through! It was outrageous! And nearly led to a Wembley visit, so I'll happily take that again.

And I would LOVE Barnet away, I've missed that trip. And by October 6th I should be able to go... :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here