Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JPT - Away goals rule?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So imagining the unthinkable happens and we actually manage to score at Luton, does anyone know if the away goals rule applies in this competition? Can't find anything on t'internet.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Totty says yes they count as double but she also said yesterday a car has 3 rear view mirrors dosnt it? i will leave it up to you to decide :lol:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We can only hope so.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Totty says yes they count as double but she also said yesterday a car has 3 rear view mirrors dosnt it? i will leave it up to you to decide :lol:

Taybha

Totty is smart!! :lol:

Technically correct if you include having two wing mirrors as them also being "rear view mirrors". ???

Mr Apples

Jack Scrumpy
Aug 9, 2007
In The Orchard
Not sure there IS an away goals rule in the biggest Cup competition in the world.

What I would also point out is that according to my Rothmans / Sky Sports Yearbook, it would seem that last year's southern final went straight to pens after the aggregate score between Swansea and MK Dons was 1-1 (both legs ended in 1-0 away wins).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think there is a rule you aren't allowed to score goals at home.

On that basis we will probably stuff them up there.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I'm with totty.

How can a car have wing mirrors if it doesn't have wings? Only an airplane can have wing mirrors.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I'm with totty.

How can a car have wing mirrors if it doesn't have wings? Only an airplane can have wing mirrors.

RexC

Take know notice of Taybha he is just a MCP!!

Not only that, but he also runs some sort of back-street t-shirt joint flogging goods produced in sweat shops in the Third World!! :lol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
14 Laws of the Game

14.1 All matches shall be played in conformity with the Laws of Association Football as authorised by the International Football Association Board.

14.2 Matches shall be of 90 (ninety) minutes duration but any match which, for any cause whatsoever, falls short of 90 (ninety) minutes duration may be ordered to count as a completed fixture, or be replayed in full or in part as the Board or any person or body to whom the Board may delegate power to organise the Competition may, in their absolute discretion determine.

14.3 In all matches, the half-time interval shall be 15 (fifteen) minutes.

14.4 In the event of scores being level: -
14.4.1 at the end of ninety minutes’ play in all rounds apart from the Final; and
14.4.2 after the conclusion of the two legs in each Area Final, the winner shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

14.5 In the Final tie, if the score is level at the end of 90 minutes an extra half hour shall be played. If the score is still level at the end of extra time the Final tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

No, away goals do not count double.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
14 Laws of the Game

14.1 All matches shall be played in conformity with the Laws of Association Football as authorised by the International Football Association Board.

14.2 Matches shall be of 90 (ninety) minutes duration but any match which, for any cause whatsoever, falls short of 90 (ninety) minutes duration may be ordered to count as a completed fixture, or be replayed in full or in part as the Board or any person or body to whom the Board may delegate power to organise the Competition may, in their absolute discretion determine.

14.3 In all matches, the half-time interval shall be 15 (fifteen) minutes.

14.4 In the event of scores being level: -
14.4.1 at the end of ninety minutes’ play in all rounds apart from the Final; and
14.4.2 after the conclusion of the two legs in each Area Final, the winner shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

14.5 In the Final tie, if the score is level at the end of 90 minutes an extra half hour shall be played. If the score is still level at the end of extra time the Final tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

No, away goals do not count double.

Verily I thank you kind Sir.

On the basis of what I saw tonight, my prediction is another 0-0 draw, followed by a goalless period of extra time and a penalty shoot-out that ends 0-0 when the floodlights are switched off at midnight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here