Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Josh McEachran?

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Popped up on the #BHAFC Twitter feed as possibly a loan deal. Asked the originator and he said he had contacts at Chelsea.

Was on loan at Swansea last term. Rated highly as a visionary, playmaking/passing midfielder type.

Josh McEachran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Asked AN about this, not big enough tbh, good player but him and bridcutt would be too small in the championship as a holding midfield pair.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
talking to the chelsea fans at work and they reckon he is going to be the next big player at Chelsea....if we wanted anyone on loan, the said he should be the one.

Whether he would drop down to the Championship is debatable though

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Just back from hols and missed all the fun....

Mcreachan would work if we played three across the middle as shortness would be a problems with two..... but then what about all our wingers?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Asked AN about this, not big enough tbh, good player but him and bridcutt would be too small in the championship as a holding midfield pair.

That's why Xavi ( 5ft 5 ins) and Iniesta (5ft 5 ins ) and Messi ( 5ft 5ins) are so bad for Barcelona

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5023918 said:
And Leon Britton and Joe Allen are rubbish for Swansea

And he's not a holding midfielder. Can't see it, unless Poyet really doesn't think Harley has a future and it would be silly to have Vicente, Harley and McEachran in the squad at once

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
re: the shortness issue. neither Barcelona or Swansea are playing in the Championship where the high ball is used more often.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think if we are going to play 3 centrally he would be ideal.

Pretty good chance he will play against us in the friendly I would thnk to get a closer look

5'10 i thought now...still growing so hardly a midget !

Similar player to JFC i think.... so not sure why we would have sent JFC out on loan if hes coming.

id still rather have Shelvey on loan from Liverpool for the season, hes signed a new deal there but is up for grabs in the loan market I reckon

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Seriously good player. Premier League quality if not that much experience.

The player we need given what we already have in midfield and what we clearly lacked last season?

No

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
No way one of the best young prospects in the Premiership needs to drop a division.

Get real people!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can't see him playing outside of the Premiership tbh. Chelsea rate him pretty highly, and his Swansea loan spell was pretty successful, so I don't see why they would not decide to send him out a division lower.

I would have thought Chelsea would be looking at integrating him into their side for this season, as they do need to move on from the "old guard" at some point.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Can't see him playing outside of the Premiership tbh. Chelsea rate him pretty highly, and his Swansea loan spell was pretty successful, so I don't see why they would not decide to send him out a division lower.

I would have thought Chelsea would be looking at integrating him into their side for this season, as they do need to move on from the "old guard" at some point.

He played about 3 games for Swansea........ I would have thought a team like Wigan maybe interested on loan, if he fancies some games though he could do a lot worse than coming on loan to us for 6 months :)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He played about 3 games for Swansea........ I would have thought a team like Wigan maybe interested on loan, if he fancies some games though he could do a lot worse than coming on loan to us for 6 months :)

Really, is that all he played for them? Wow, I stand corrected. I must be so influenced by teh Chelsea fan at work who is always going on about him, I've just lost the plot.

With that being the case, then, yes, they may very well want to loan him out a division down, as sending them off to get just 3 games of experience is not exactly want they were after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here