Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Josh King

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I know we've made massive investments in 21st century infrastructure which Palace haven't, playing in a crumbling shit hole.

But (and this is not a criticism), I do wonder how our rival, of roughly similar league standing (they get a few million more), of broadly similar gates -and you'd assume similar matchday income....... Are able to afford these 100kpw salaries and we clearly can't.

I'd actually guess, that in normal times, we would make a fair bit more in non match day income from the facilities at the Amex compared to that dump?

I'm not advocating spending more, 100k is obscene, I'm glad we don't, but I do wonder how palace of broadly similar size and standing can do it, and we in theory can't?

Is it our stadium payments to Bloom or just a choice (but we could if we wanted too)?
I made this comment to Watford fan, last season. He pointed out that they had sold Richarlison for £40m.

Palace sold Wan Bissaka for £50m last season.

I guess those 2 clubs rely on transfer fees received to pay higher wages.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I know we've made massive investments in 21st century infrastructure which Palace haven't, playing in a crumbling shit hole.

But (and this is not a criticism), I do wonder how our rival, of roughly similar league standing (they get a few million more), of broadly similar gates -and you'd assume similar matchday income....... Are able to afford these 100kpw salaries and we clearly can't.

I'd actually guess, that in normal times, we would make a fair bit more in non match day income from the facilities at the Amex compared to that dump?

I'm not advocating spending more, 100k is obscene, I'm glad we don't, but I do wonder how palace of broadly similar size and standing can do it, and we in theory can't?

Is it our stadium payments to Bloom or just a choice (but we could if we wanted too)?

Calling our Manchester Prof. It's a good question and probably the answer is about tolerance of risk.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I made this comment to Watford fan, last season. He pointed out that they had sold Richarlison for £40m.

Palace sold Wan Bissaka for £50m last season.

I guess those 2 clubs rely on transfer fees received to pay higher wages.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

But if you're paying a significant proportion of players £100k a week £50m will barely last a season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But if you're paying a significant proportion of players £100k a week £50m will barely last a season.

I believe palace have one of the biggest discrepancy in wage earners, outside the 'top 6'.
While the Albion have/had one of the narrowest.

I have no idea how palace get away it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There must be a black hole waiting to suck them in soon.

I've been thinking that for all the years they've finished above us.

I don't see anything changing, anytime soon. :down:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Found a Josh King link to us. Ok, it probably carries less weight than almost any other website rumours but it’s a start.

“Everton could face competition from Aston Villa, West Ham United, Brighton & Hove Albion plus newly-promoted Fulham in any attempt to land King.”

https://www.footballfancast.com/eve...nemouth-transfer-ancelotti-brands-opinion/amp

Hopefully we’ll have a bit of transfer excitement left before Naylor rules out and incomings the day before the window shuts. Still some loans to go out I would guess:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Found a Josh King link to us. Ok, it probably carries less weight than almost any other website rumours but it’s a start.

“Everton could face competition from Aston Villa, West Ham United, Brighton & Hove Albion plus newly-promoted Fulham in any attempt to land King.”

https://www.footballfancast.com/eve...nemouth-transfer-ancelotti-brands-opinion/amp

Hopefully we’ll have a bit of transfer excitement left before Naylor rules out and incomings the day before the window shuts. Still some loans to go out I would guess:

Prob a nothing report but to me it makes sense. 28yrs old so £10mil seems decent price. Wants £90k so could prob do a £70k plus bonuses package. If that was all true could surely get a deal done if interested, but never as simple as I’ve made it sound of course...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
West Ham are signing Benrahma so you can count them out. If we wanted King you’ve have to think we’d be in with a decent shout what with not having much competition for first team football unlike the other interested teams.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
West Ham are signing Benrahma so you can count them out. If we wanted King you’ve have to think we’d be in with a decent shout what with not having much competition for first team football unlike the other interested teams.

B’Muff are apparently sticking very tightly to their valuation from press reports. They’ll need to sell though, his contract runs out in 9 months.

This has ‘last day of window auction’ written all over it.

Another thing I read is that be wants to play as a central number 9, not so much out wide.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
B’Muff are apparently sticking very tightly to their valuation from press reports. They’ll need to sell though, his contract runs out in 9 months.

This has ‘last day of window auction’ written all over it.

Another thing I read is that be wants to play as a central number 9, not so much out wide.

Indeed, it could go either way, they get the bidding war they’re hoping for or nothing much happens and they have to take whichever offer they receive. Regarding playing through the middle, that shouldn’t be too much of a problem here, limited personnel in that position and the manager currently favours 2 strikers anyway. I saw his goal scoring record being dismissed earlier in this thread, I’m not sure 48 goals in 160 games is too shabby, is it?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I saw his goal scoring record being dismissed earlier in this thread, I’m not sure 48 goals in 160 games is too shabby, is it?

His goal scoring record is top quality. He only played Centre Forward for 57 of the 160 Premier League games.

There are three issues here. His age (I’m sure the club don’t want to spend big bucks on a player who turns 29 in January), his salary demands (he’d have to be a top earner with his age and experience) and the fact that he might not want to come here as the Man Utd pursuit may have heightened his expectations.

I won’t be too disappointed if he does not sign as I’m really not expecting him to but I’d be a bit annoyed if another Premier League club picks up a bargain (Torino bid €7m, anything around that price offers excellent value in my opinion).

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
If we wanted him, we’d have to be one of the best options for him you’d think. He can play #9 (he isn’t going oust Calvert Lewin at Everton) which he claims he wants. It sounds like he’s been holding out for a ‘big club’ but if Everton don’t suit, and the Hammers are going with Benrahma then we have to be in with a shout? We can’t only sign 21 year olds, shirley?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He has less than a year on his contract, we should sign him for the now and accept the resale isn’t the be all.

If we got 10 goals a season out of him for 3 years, it would pay for its self Shirley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
More I think about it (and I wasn’t one going mad about not signing a striker but I do this we should for sure) the more this makes sense...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think it makes sense....he probably would be on par with Maupay's ratio last season but we need a striker if injury or suspension hits us. Get him I say.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Has it ever been suggested that we are seriously interested?

If you added up all the wasted man and woman hours creating, contributing to and reading these groundless threads down the years you’d have burnt through several lifetimes. Alternatively just occasionally check the official site.

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here