Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...ars-on-jose-izquierdo-but-his-season-is-over/

Well done on the posters who told us this ages ago .

Does beg the question why he wasn’t operated on immediately as has offered nothing since back .

Looks like will miss pre season yet again so will be playing catch up once again . Doubtful we will see the player we saw last season in my opinion .

Hope I’m wrong of course but would now say even more essential we sign a quality winger in the summer.

Oh and likely to be replaced in the squad by AJ - joy !!

Might not be that bad. Torn cartilage will be key hole surgery and Ally McCoist returned after just two weeks. Not saying Izzy will do that (not that it's necessary at this stage) but he might be ready to start pre season anyway.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Might not be that bad. Torn cartilage will be key hole surgery and Ally McCoist returned after just two weeks. Not saying Izzy will do that (not that it's necessary at this stage) but he might be ready to start pre season anyway.

Indeed. Depends which cartilage. My guess is meniscus. I had a keyhole meniscus repair age 26 and went cross country skiing a week later. Jobzagoodun.

Mind you, I had a similar tear and repair age 52 and due to the local surgeon being a fat-handed maniac, my right knee ended up twice the size of the left for the following 3 years due to swelling, and with further degeneration and a new acute injury (of the Ibrahimovic kind, done on a pebble beach at Rye Harbour - ouch!) I had to have a third op last year, and am now a candidate for a total knee replacement.

Too much detail? ??? :lolol:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Easy in hindsight but they really should have got on with it a couple of months ago. He's been no use to us at all and he may have been nearly fit for the new season if they'd got on with it. Realistically we will need a replacement in the transfer window.

Even if he is back fully fit for the start of pre-season I think this is an area we need to look at bringing in a player for.
We have 3 players (AJ, March, AK) who are all at their best on the right but only Jose that is a natural left winger.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I don't see this ending well.

A few glimpses in the past of some pace, which will be diminished however good the surgery.

Not a fan of his game management/reading nor commitment so far, and needs to become a smarter player with variations..

Time will tell.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
You blokes have done in Izquerdo for ever. With two split threads how was he supposed to play on his dodgy knee? I hope I understood that correctly.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't see this ending well.

A few glimpses in the past of some pace, which will be diminished however good the surgery.

Not a fan of his game management/reading nor commitment so far, and needs to become a smarter player with variations..

Time will tell.

It will be a real shame if his pace has gone, he was the spark last year that won us manyf
points, he was one of the very few players who scared the opposition and he looked like he really cared, a passionate exciting player who we have really missed this year

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He's already had cartilage damage in the same knee, so the recovery could well be longer.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
He posted on his Instagram story that he was flying somewhere

Screenshot_20190503-102535.png
Screenshot_20190503-102539.png

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Sad news for Izzy, I wish him well, but just consolidates my thoughts about last week.
Why on earth did CH start him in front of Solly and Knocky, especially if they knew he had a knee problem, wasnt match fit and wasnt going to help us beat Newcastle.

Agreed.
Bizarre and bonkers.:facepalm::shrug:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Indeed. Depends which cartilage. My guess is meniscus. I had a keyhole meniscus repair age 26 and went cross country skiing a week later. Jobzagoodun.

Mind you, I had a similar tear and repair age 52 and due to the local surgeon being a fat-handed maniac, my right knee ended up twice the size of the left for the following 3 years due to swelling, and with further degeneration and a new acute injury (of the Ibrahimovic kind, done on a pebble beach at Rye Harbour - ouch!) I had to have a third op last year, and am now a candidate for a total knee replacement.

Too much detail? ??? :lolol:

I've had total knee replacements to both knees.
The second one was done 7 weeks after the first. Wonderful op. and after 14 years all is still tickety boo.
If you get it done, Harry, the most important thing to do is your post operative exercises!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've had total knee replacements to both knees.
The second one was done 7 weeks after the first. Wonderful op. and after 14 years all is still tickety boo.
If you get it done, Harry, the most important thing to do is your post operative exercises!

Cheers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here