Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
clearly had this wrong in my head all season!

never knew he was our 5th most expensive signing of all time!

[edit] incredible checking stats on this page - Brighton & Hove Albion - Most expensive player changes - transfermarkt.co.uk - that we've not sold anyone in the £325k to £1.1m range, yet sold six players above this valuation! expect this will start to change with championship status.

Those stats are not wholly reliable. Mark Lawrenson was sold to Liverpool for £900,000, and not the £1.6m stated there.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
clearly had this wrong in my head all season!

never knew he was our 5th most expensive signing of all time!

[edit] incredible checking stats on this page - Brighton & Hove Albion - Most expensive player changes - transfermarkt.co.uk - that we've not sold anyone in the £325k to £1.1m range, yet sold six players above this valuation! expect this will start to change with championship status.

I wouldnt pay too much attention to those stats tbh, at the time he was our record signing, perhaps joint with Andy Ritchie at 500k. Ritchie doesnt even get a mention on there despite being our record signing from 1983 until last season!!!

We never paid anything like that much for Gordon Smith, 400k iirc.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
So let me get this straight, everytime a professional footballer is "spotted" locally then he must be signing for us, right?

The fact that we are a tourist town and in an area that lots of people retire to (players older relatives maybe), means that players couldn't possibly be here for any other reason than signing for us?

It's worse than that crap rumours site on here sometimes! Do some of you go around staring at people to make sure they are who you think they are? I probably wouldn't recognise half the players that get mentioned on here even if I walked right into them!

A week off the smokes may have made me rant a bit, sorry if that's the case but I think I have a point!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
So let me get this straight, everytime a professional footballer is "spotted" locally then he must be signing for us, right?

The fact that we are a tourist town and in an area that lots of people retire to (players older relatives maybe), means that players couldn't possibly be here for any other reason than signing for us?

It's worse than that crap rumours site on here sometimes! Do some of you go around staring at people to make sure they are who you think they are? I probably wouldn't recognise half the players that get mentioned on here even if I walked right into them!

A week off the smokes may have made me rant a bit, sorry if that's the case but I think I have a point!

So do I Muzzy...so do I....I met and spoke with Richard Attenborough at Brighton racecourse.....he did'nt sign for us either.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Many years ago I gave directions to Bobby Moore and his missus walking down Duke Street - some time later he signed for Fulham! Thank god there was no internet back then!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
i see Glenn Murray every week and he's not signing with us.

or is he? :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here