Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jools Hollands.. Hootemonay

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Paulo Nutini really is brilliant - so original!

Can't stick the bloke. Original, yes, but not in a good or listenable way.

Jools bigging up his big band must surely contravene some BBC guidelines or other. He makes quite a tidy living off of that band.

Florence was good tho.

Oh, and Happy New Year BTW

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We saw half an hour in the house of Saville and I have to say it was the worst one we've seen in years. Boy George was dreadful, Tom Jones seemed past it, Kasabian seemed to be holding back. To be fair, the woman from the Noisettes was good, as was the Italian guy. We decided to give it one last song after midnight and Tom Jones killed another of his old hits, so that was that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He's fab - Paulo Nutini whose hit includes :smile:

Could do with opening his eyes every so often as well, just to check that the audience haven't bogged off after he serves up that one song for the tenth time.

:falmer:

A number 1 selling album this year in the UK and a top US billboard charting, but like you say ......Who`s hits include ?:laugh:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I believe I said 'whose hit includes' Questions!

:love:

sorry I`m struggling with your point here, it might be the hangover ?

He has released 5 or so singles but like I say I dont really understand what point you`re trying to make.
If you are saying he is crap then fine thats your opinion and thats ok but if you are saying he is unsuccessful I would say a No 1 and a No 3 album to start a career in the music business is pretty damn good.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
sorry I`m struggling with your point here, it might be the hangover ?

He has released 5 or so singles but like I say I dont really understand what point you`re trying to make.
If you are saying he is crap then fine thats your opinion and thats ok but if you are saying he is unsuccessful I would say a No 1 and a No 3 album to start a career in the music business is pretty damn good.

It's a quote lifted from Viz magazine circa 1991 about Kajagoogoo lead singer Nick Beggs "Whose hit includes Too Shy" No slight on hoops fan and one trick pony Paulo intended, honest.

:thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I thought it was brilliant - Paulo Nutini, Florence and Paloma Faith were brilliant! Best one in a few years

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's a quote lifted from Viz magazine circa 1991 about Kajagoogoo lead singer Nick Beggs "Whose hit includes Too Shy" No slight on hoops fan and one trick pony Paulo intended, honest.

:thumbsup:

Got yer. :thumbsup: .

There could not be a worse way of describing someone who has included so many different styles of music on one album than 'A One Trick Pony'.

Ok ok he`s Scottish, and that will always be against him.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He's fab - Paulo Nutini whose hit includes :smile:

Could do with opening his eyes every so often as well, just to check that the audience haven't bogged off after he serves up that one song for the tenth time.

:falmer:

Well I'm quite concerned ? How come we never had the chance to see his auditions or when he was being mentored ? I think I'll wait to hear what the judges say and what the phone vote is.
He can't have got this success just from selling albums and being smeggy and being born with talent or a style.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I couldn't understand the stance he took when singing. he was like a doubled up old man. Not good for the posture when he get's older.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here