Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonny Dixon Quits Football

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
From Albion to the music industry From The Argus)

From Albion to the music industry

10:10am Wednesday 8th July 2009

comment Comments (1) Have your say »
By Andy Naylor »

Jonny Dixon is quitting football at the age of 25 after parting company with Albion.

The Spanish-born striker is concentrating on his involvement in the music business and other projects following 18 months in the wilderness with the Seagulls.

Dixon, bought from Aldershot for £55,000 during the 2008 January transfer window, agreed a financial settlement with Albion last week on the year remaining on his contract after making only two first team starts.

He revealed: “I am not looking to play again right now. The last year was difficult for me, one of frustration and then almost emotional apathy.

“Right now I have lost my love of the game and I have got other things which I have always done.

“Since the age of 16 I’ve been a partner in a music management business and there are different things I am working on.

“I am looking at taking a little bit of time out, because I have been a pro for eight years and played since I could walk.

“Who knows what will happen in the future but for now I am taking a break.”

Dixon made more than 70 appearances for Wycombe Wanderers before returning to League football with Albion after spells at Crawley on loan and Aldershot.

An ankle injury sustained in his first training session signalled an ill-fated stint with the Seagulls.

Dixon had to wait for more than a month for his debut as a substitute in a home game against Leyton Orient.

He made three more appearances at the end of the 2007-08 season under Dean Wilkins before joining Grays Athletic on loan once Micky Adams took charge.

Dixon had two further loan spells last season with Eastleigh. He did not feature in Albion’s escape from relegation under Russell Slade but, far from being bitter, is surprisingly complimentary about his time at the club.

He said: “I loved my time at Brighton. It was an honour to play for the club and to be at the club.

“I met some great people and, the way I live my life, I never regret a thing.

“I am still living in Brighton at the moment, travelling up and down to London, so I love the city.

“Football wise it was obviously frustrating but I am not a negative person and I am not going to dwell on that.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Luck to him

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Seems like no hard feelings, best of luck to him.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Good luck to him. Shame it didnt work out, but he took it gracefully. fair play

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone know which bands his company manages?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Does perhaps explain the "possible" link between him and that lass valance.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
So in the past few years we've had a cricketer and a musician play for us. Can we sign some footballers please :)

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
he's suddenly surged into my top 5 all time albion flair icons list

So judging by this and your obvious love for Turienzo - flair means shit, lazy, unfit, useless or all of the above. Maybe you should spend more time lording up players who actually contribute something to club.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
So judging by this and your obvious love for Turienzo - flair means shit, lazy, unfit, useless or all of the above. Maybe you should spend more time lording up players who actually contribute something to club.

To be fair, sticking football in to go on tour and f*** Holly Valance is about as flair as it comes.

Nicky-Number-Nine

Jul 7, 2009
Thats how professinals should take being released ect, unlike that **** fraser.

Are you seriously comparing Fraser's situation with Dixon?!

Fraser - Played 30 odd times last year, supposedly told he would get a new contract.

Dixon - Never played, a couple of appearances in two years. Still gets a pay off.

I'd be laughing if I was Dixon.

Oct 25, 2003

nah, where's the fun in that

shit players are far more entertaining

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here