Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Ross and 6m per annum.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
There are far too many people getting inflated wages for unimportant work.

Heck, even our own Seagull boys get paid more than they should.

But market forces dictate wages and therefore there will always be an imbalance in society.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think the first complaints to the BBC were from people who were genuinely offended.

Then, finding out how much the two guys were being paid to act like this has prompted tens of thousands to join the protest.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He's good

Thats not the discussion here. He earns about 30 times more than the Prime Minister.

There are 1000s of people earning more than the PM, get over it because yours is a ridiculous statement to make.

I think the first complaints to the BBC were from people who were genuinely offended.

Then, finding out how much the two guys were being paid to act like this has prompted tens of thousands to join the protest.

The rest jumped on the Daily Mail bandwagon. Apparently, the DM printed transcripts of comments that were not even broadcast. As far as I am concerned, I have no problem with JR earning what he does and the only person who should have been penalised over this fiasco was the producer who decided to broadcast that part of the show.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's good

Thats not the discussion here. He earns about 30 times more than the Prime Minister.

Tony Blair has earned £12m in one year since quitting as PM. Mrs Thatch was on £30,000 a speech when she was ousted.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
As far as I am concerned, I have no problem with JR earning what he does and the only person who should have been penalised over this fiasco was the producer who decided to broadcast that part of the show.

Its interesting that the majority of people supporting the duo are the younger generation, and only a minority of these actually buy a TV licence.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Tony Blair has earned £12m in one year since quitting as PM. Mrs Thatch was on £30,000 a speech when she was ousted.

And these people had enough talent to run a country. Please explain what unique talent Woss has?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And these people had enough talent to run a country. Please explain what unique talent Woss has?

He is funny, can both hold and direct a conversation, and delivers bums on seats at prime time. I know loads of bankers who have earned far more than Wossy, and they have created a global recession.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
He is funny, can both hold and direct a conversation, and delivers bums on seats at prime time.

They said the same about Simon Dee. Unfortunately sectors of the British public are slow to wise up to over hyped 'personalities'.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They said the same about Simon Dee. Unfortunately sectors of the British public are slow to wise up to over hyped 'personalities'.

I think you're confusing opinion with fact. You clearly don't like him, and you have the option of not watching him. You can also decide not to watch television and not pay the licence fee. I can't stand Radio 3, Horse Racing, Eastenders, Strictly Come Dancing and many other things on the Beeb, but on balance, I'm prepared to pay the licence fee as the good far outweighs the bad. I also like Wossy, but I don't think his salary is any of my concern. any more than my salary is his. And before you ask, he does pay for mine!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Typical just slag off someone who earns a lot of money.

Are you a fecking New Labour supporter or Red Wedge in disguise.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Typical just slag off someone who earns a lot of money.

Are you a fecking New Labour supporter or Red Wedge in disguise.

Where did that outburst come from? I have no problem with people like Lewis Hamilton earning loads. They get paid for having a unique talent.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Where did that outburst come from? I have no problem with people like Lewis Hamilton earning loads. They get paid for having a unique talent.

And so does Ross, you aren't as funny as he is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here