Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonas Gutierrez Brighton ?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
So much negativity. Just imagine Jonas going past the fullback, floating in a perfect cross as Bobby leaps like a salmon and nods it down for little Michael to tap in from 3 yards.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
So much negativity. Just imagine Jonas going past the fullback, floating in a perfect cross as Bobby leaps like a salmon and nods it down for little Michael to tap in from 3 yards.

You forgot to mention the cross field ball from Elliott Bennett that started the move. Seriously though would love Jonás Gutiérrez at Brighton, def get the feel like he'll be a good personality to have around and would add a bit more leadership. Can see a mid level premiership club going in for him, like West Brom, Everton or Stoke.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Nearly believed that until you got to the little Michael tap in! No way, 2 yards yes not 3

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Thanks, I've been looking for his twitter feed for years with little luck. :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nearly believed that until you got to the little Michael tap in! No way, 2 yards yes not 3

So long as it falls on his right foot, otherwise he'll miss!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Not sure who this guy is or how reliable he is, but:

[tweet]616286411155763200[/tweet]

His bio just says: 'Journalist in the South East of England. Lots of contacts at Southampton, QPR, Reading, Brighton & Portsmouth.'

He's also claiming that Zamora is 'very keen' to come back.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Not sure who this guy is or how reliable he is, but:

[tweet]616286411155763200[/tweet]

His bio just says: 'Journalist in the South East of England. Lots of contacts at Southampton, QPR, Reading, Brighton & Portsmouth.'

He's also claiming that Zamora is 'very keen' to come back.

If this man knows anything about our transfer activity I would be astonished. He's sent 45 tweets from that account in two days. A journalist only just embracing social media.....yeah whatever.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If this man knows anything about our transfer activity I would be astonished. He's sent 45 tweets from that account in two days. A journalist only just embracing social media.....yeah whatever.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Jonas and CH are very good friends.

When Newcastle got beat 6-0 or 6-1 by Leyton Orient I a pre-season friendly CH went straight into the dressing room and said to everyone. ''Any of you who don't want to knuckle down and play for this club in the Championship should say so now and leave'' Some duly did..........Guttierrez was one of the first players to turn round and say he wanted to stay and the rest is history. Newcastle won the Championship by a mile under CH and Guttierez played every match if he was fit.

The lad works extremely hard in training and puts hours and hours of extra work in the gym. For that reason Hughton and Calderwood admire him a lot.

All of that said, I don't actually think he is that great a player. Very strong on the ball but his crossing is poor and he can't really run at defenders and go past them. He is a good steady player but at 31 or 32, that is not the age group that CH tends to sign. He tends to go for age range 20 to 28 with the odd exception when he is making permanent signings. He always goes for players he can recoup or make money on when re-sold. For that reason I don't think he will go for Guttierez

Would like to see him,at his age he could have another three years in the Championship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here